Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    ken_572000            06-09-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
I'll be is Vegas this weekend (13-15 June) and will have my boat. We are staying on the strip at NY NY and want to wakeboard during the day. What is the best and closest location to put the boat in? Thanks -Ken
Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
I suggest dropping the boat in at the old Las Vegas Bay Marina. It is the closest to the strip. They have relocated the marina, but there is still a launch ramp. We found some decent water in the main channel in the morning (it was even on Memorial Day weekend). When the wind kicked up, we headed to a protected cove that is long enough for some clean cuts and there is enough room to turn around. It is about a 1/2 mile down on the right hand side of the lake. Be careful beacuse there is exposed rock due to the low water levels. We found decent water there on a windy Memorial Day weekend, so you should do OK.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-09-2003, 9:41 PM Reply   
if you launch out of callville bay, you can find good water if you make a right turn, go about 10 min. from the marina to hidden cove, it is very protected and will give you decent water most of the day.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-09-2003, 9:47 PM Reply   
ken!! i'll be in vegas this weekend too! my parents are coming out and i'm driving up to spend the weekend with them. i was debating bringing my board with me, but i definitely will now. not sure where we're staying yet, but i will definitely look you up.

to answer your post, i have no idea where the good spots are... guess we'll have to find them.
Old    ken_572000            06-10-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
Jason and David, Thanks for the info.

John, I'll give you a call Thursday. Check hotels.com and do a search for Excalibur. We got a room $59.95/night.