Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Can anyone offer advice for a driver trying to pull a boarder into a double up. I have heard many techniques for doing it, but is seems nobody knows for sure, it's the old, I think you do a 270 into the wake, all the way to, I think you do a 540 into the wake, whatever. I am sure someone here can give me the proper technique, speed turns, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Cheers
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-12-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure there's something on this in the frequently asked questions section, start there, they used to have a diagram.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
if you want to know how to drive a double-up just ask Jeff aka socalwakepunk, the President of the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club. His doubles frickin' rock. I was never consistent and I hit 5 of 'em today. It was awesome, thanks Jeff!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/wake/theDoubleUp.asp
Old    reddog25cf            06-13-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
There was somebody in an old post that drew up a nice diagram of how to drive a double-up, but don't remember when or who. Does anybody remember this and possibly get it for this person? I know it helped my driver when I printed it out and gave it to him.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-13-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   

r7t8t
Old    reddog25cf            06-13-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
Beautiful tim... seriously, you should frame that and put it in a gallery somewhere. Picasso would be jealous. You know I'm just messin withya . haha

Derich is probably going to buy an '03 SANTE... just a little sidenote there.. haha
Old    buttskimmer            06-13-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
If ya got another boat, you can have what we call the "2 boat pipe". The other boat rides just alittle ahead of and to the side so that its wake connects the riders boat wake where the rider can hit it. Its bigger than a double up and depending on the wakes can curl like a 1/2 pipe. Once the drivers get it hooked up - you can hit it as many times as you can land it.
~S~
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks all. The two boat pipe sounds interesting, we usually have a second boat around. I am going to try it. Tim thanks for the cool diagram!

On speed I guess just keep it constant all the way through the turn, like normal.

Cheers
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-13-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Jonathon. When you go into the turn speed up this will get you to the wake faster and make it easier to dial in the speed while crossing the wakes. If you hold the same throttle position you will slow down. Once you see that you will want to speed the boat up just before the wake which is no bueno for the rider. So, speed into the turn, then when you are facing the wakes again let back on the throttle. It's a lot easier to dial in the speed that way. Have fun!