Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
What should I know about the TFD and the PARKS before buying? Which is most prefered by WWers?
Old    gotpwr            06-07-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
I you want continuous rocker get the TFD, If you think you can handle 3-stage rocker get the Parks. If it was me I would get the TFD, as I don't feel I'm consistent enough for 3-stage rocker.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-07-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
why don't you try a subjekt? or a substance? or a balance?
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-07-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
I like liquid force boards alot. The trip is my greatest love so far. Hyperlite, though, has given me the strongest boards; I have ridden the byerly and premier. These were too slow for me, but the parks and to a lesser extent the TFD, were said to be much faster. Parks was supposed to be on of the fastest. I am hitting a whole lot more sliders and kickers and need something that wont die like my LF boards or Obrien/CWB boards. Hyperlite has done that...

(Message edited by cs1094 on June 07, 2003)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-07-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
you're corrupted. Just kidding. Try an origin, I've heard they're pretty much bullet proof. Really good for the sliders. Throw it out the window on the freeway......let me check.......yup, still rideable. I used to ride the skull. Massive pop, not too good on the speed. You should check 'em out though.
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-09-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
IT is the speed I was looking for. I looked into the origin boards and liked how they are warranted for 2 years against slider damage, but I want that fast cut.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-09-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
I switched to the TFD after six months or so on the Premier. I just could never get the cosistent landings i wanted on the Premier. The TFD has given me back some speed, cosistency, and soft landings. The whole 3-stage thing just dosent work for me on the landings, unfortunately.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
If you are actually comparing the Parks to the TFD, I'd say you're not ready for the Parks.

I rode an Origin Swamp 140 at camp. They are fast boards.
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-09-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
I am ready for it, two different people in the shops told me that they are awesome boards. One liked the TFD on the PARKS. So thats why I ask on here. I am leaning towards PARKS cuz of speed, cut and pop.
Old    gunther            06-09-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
Parks.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-09-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
I ride a parks. I like it. Fast, POP, and soft landings. Some people don't like the 'grippy' feel of the 1.3 fins but as a big guy who can push them around a bit I like it. Basically you are looking at a 3 stage vs. a continuous. I rode continuous for so long, and once I switched to a 3 stage, I won't switch back.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-09-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
parks all the way sit down put it on teh edge and u will fly. demoed one today and it blew my premeir out of teh water. i thought i was loose with the 1.3s even though i couldn't get it sideways. takes some getting used to but worth it since it boots u up and away
Old    beth            06-10-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
I just switched to the TFD. It is a fast board, with great pop and soft landings as well. I rode a 3-stage previously( an old 5-0) and the 3-stage threw me off balance quite a bit. Since switching to the TFD Im a lot more stable. It also releases well for spins! I am LOVING it. My husband also likes it, he rides a Belmont usually but was really flying on the TFD.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
Beth - your boat is so sick.
Old     (cs1094)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-12-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
beth's boat owns
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 10:40 PM Reply   
if u ask me, its all about the Parks! how big do u want to go??
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-12-2003, 10:46 PM Reply   
hey dude i used to be against u and the parkx and all for a premy but no its all about the parkx
Old     (wakezone)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 11:58 PM Reply   
i know big daddy!! haha so true so true!! it really is all about the parks! welcome aboard! hit me up when u wanna take a crack at the westcoast swampa!!!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Beth, I recognized that boat! You got that from Joe at Skier's Warf, (Joe told me that you and your husband bought it). That is one awesome boat. If you all are looking for some fun and to meet a bunch of great people come out to the Kansas INT tourney this weekend (6/14) in Emporia. I will be there, just ask for Phil or Cooter, someone will track me down. Directions at intleague.com