Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (duncanwake)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-01-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden behind the 28 ft X-80 with twin V8s? Whats the wake like?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-01-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
yes..blows
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-01-2010, 7:26 PM Reply   
It is sick. You aint stuntin if you aint rolling an X80. If you don't believe me ask Lon. You can even load them up so much that they sink and they still come back stuntin.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
LON-- I miss that thread. Things have been so boring since his demise
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-03-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Unless you don't have damn near 5000 pounds in the boat or 12 people, it is nearly impossible to sink the boat to get a good wake out of it and even when you do, it is so speed and weight sensitive that getting a clean lip is almost impossible The dual throttles makes it damn near impossible to drive and the dual engine really messes up the perfect pass. The wake is about as wide as the boat is long. I felt like i was cutting in for an elephant to just do a toeside wake jump riding at 80 feet. It was the first time i shortened the rope to 75 feet in years except the good part of the wake was still at 80. It's more of just a party boat.