Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bradcraig78)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-01-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
I just picked up my boat from the stereo shop which is an authorized dealer of wet sounds. Please look at the way this stuff was hooked up because I thank it is way under powered:

HU Stock Kenwood
Tower - 2 Pro 80's
Interior - 6 xs-650's
Sub - Alpine SWE-1242 Type-E 12"
EQ - ws-420
HiFonics Amp - ZXI-4406 Bridged @ 4 ohms 220x2
Alpine MRP - F550 90 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
Alpine MRP - M450 220 watts x 1 at 4 ohms

I expected that they would hook up the hiFonix amp to 2 pro 80's, the F550 to the 6 XS 650's and leave the sub amp on the sub but they didn't. Of course I didn't tell them how I wanted the amps run because they are the experts. They used the F550 and ran both pro 80's and the sub and used the HiFonics amp to run the XS 650's and removed the sub amp completely from the boat. I have tried to look at my manuals to see how much watts each speaker is getting and i think they are way under powered. I know that more speakers are blown by under powering then over powering and I am concerned. Not to mention I think I am losing a ton of bass with this setup. Please let me know what yall think.