Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
I just bought a 205v with a single axle trailer. I already own a 1982 Ski Nautique 2001.

I have a lift on table rock lake, but my trailer to the ski nautique is stored at my house in Kansas.

Would it be possible to put the ski nautique on the 205v trailer for the ride back to Kansas?
It would save me the hassle of finding someone else to pull my other trailer down to the lake.

Any ideas if this would work??? thanks
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
My concern would be as follows:
The front eye lock on your 205v trailer would not match up with the front eye on your 2001. The MC trailer also uses this to hold the boat for sliding forward, where as the Natique trailers use two verticle bunks.
The 2001 is also narrower which should not cause a problem execpt you have to make sure it is loaded straight enough that prop and under gear does not hit the bunks.
I think the biggest thing is the front bow eye hook, if that doesn't line up I would not chance it.
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
Good point on bow eye hook. I wonder if I could work something out with a 10,000 strap to hook it to the tow eye.

I think if the boat is far enough on the trailer, there would be little chance that it would slide off, after the bunks were dry. So if I strap it in the front and maybe do a strap in the back. Hmmm....
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Sounds Fine to me. My neighbor has used my 99 Xstar trailer to trailer his 83 Mastercraft with. I don't know how you would be any different. I would just be careful with the prop.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-08-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
I'd think you could find a way to strap it down securely. Just make sure you tie down the transom too, if you don't normally do this.

If a trailer is built correctly, the bunks should be pretty much right on the other side of the hull from the stringers. I'd check to make sure they're somewhere in the neighborhood of one another. I think those hulls have a pretty similar deadrise angle in the area of the stringers, so it should lay pretty flat against the bunks, but check that too.

One more thing to consider is the tongue weight. The axles are located on a trailer to produce a certain tongue weight with a particular boat. You may end up with too much tongue weight due to the 2001 being shorter and a DD, but you could just place the boat further back on the trailer to compensate. If your tongue weight is off by too much, it'll fishtail at higher speeds.

If it were me, I'd take my time loading it on the trailer, check everything over very thoroughly before leaving the ramp, tie it down from about 5 places, and drive very carefully directly to the destination and unload it immediately
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-08-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
"maybe strap the back" -- you definitely need to strap the back. the 2001 is narrower and shorter. get it centered and strap it like crazy. should be fine tho. like trace said, double check everything over and over. it doesn't take much for the boat to shift and in this case, it could be nasty
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Will do, thanks for the advice. The trailer is just a normal single axle trailer from Mastercraft with boat buddy and surge brakes.

I will strap it down like no other, but in case you see a nautique on a mastercraft trailer - don't follow too close.