Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    jdpritch89            08-24-2002, 8:40 AM Reply   
i will try to post a video of the trick soon, but as for now here is the description. heelside trick, i grab it melan, or method. the board goes behind me, i don't pass the handle( it spins over my head), and i land goofy. is it called a monkey spin when you don't pass the handle or what? people in the boat say it is more of a 540 type trick instead of a roll-to revert. any advice or criticism will help. Thanks
Old    benjamin            08-24-2002, 7:41 PM Reply   
It's an Ole 5.
Old    scoot            08-25-2002, 10:16 AM Reply   
A monkey spin is any toeside off axis spin.
Old    jdpritch89            08-25-2002, 2:13 PM Reply   
thanks i wasn't sure what it was...this is heelside, but it is off axis.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-25-2002, 5:30 PM Reply   
it may just be a melon roll to revert
Old    benjamin            08-26-2002, 10:02 PM Reply   
Its an ole 5
Old    nd_boarder            08-28-2002, 4:15 PM Reply   
I don't think it is an ole, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't an ole a surface trick?
Old    benjamin            08-28-2002, 7:23 PM Reply   
Ole is not a surface trick. It is an off axis spin, but instead of passing the handle, you bring it over your head.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-04-2002, 2:20 PM Reply   
Sounds like the thing Shawn Watson does, personally I think it's just a tweaked roll to revert, besides how can you do a 5 without passing the handle? It's like Darin's trick the Orbital 5, I just don't accept 5's or 7's unless there's a passing of the handle, although Ruck's so-called ole 7 is about the sickest trick i've ever seen but I'd say it looks more like a tweaked mobe. This ole business takes awaythe technicality of spinning where you should be passing the handle. Prove me wrong.

Steve
Old                12-05-2002, 5:43 AM Reply   
The only video I have is before I landed it and I eat it, but I spin again by accident.
-go to wakepics.com
-click on media
-select crash, select video, and type in jdpritch in the search box
-pay attention at 50 seconds into the video.
I have landed it several times right foot forward but this is the last time i was on video before i landed it.
It may be nothing at all, but it's fun!