Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Help!
I have been reading the reviews of the '05 and '06 wakeboards
compared to comments of most other boards...mine rates really low
I ride an '05 LF EVO 138
I believe that I have outgrown it!
I'm 41, strong..but not as strong as I was at 20...so, I can handle a board that requires some power...can get jump wake to wake on Heel side, but weaker on toeside
want to learn an invert and powerslides

I feel like I need a board that will push me to the next level
any suggestions?!
I need a board that
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-27-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
I bought an EVO for my kids, it’s a pretty basic starter board.

I’m 45, I’ve owned a Trip 143, but now I ride a Balance 143. The Trip was OK, but I found that the Balance gave me effortless pop, the Balance is a really good board for me. Both the Trip and the Balance have six fins, the outer four are cupped, I never use the center fins. I think I liked the cupped fins on the Trip better than the larger ones on the Balance. I’ve had harder time with power slides on the Balance, I think largely do to these larger cupped fins.

I'm going to get my daughter a LF Substance for next year. The substance has molded in fins in the same place as the Balance cupped fins. I think that the molded in fins would suit me better. Where I live there’s way to demo boards, demo if you can.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-27-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
Cliff. I'm 46, 165 lbs and ride an '04 Absolute 141 finless and love it. If you can, give one a try. Huge pop and butta smooth landings.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
great
thanks
I will try to demo both the Absolute and the Substance
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-27-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
It all depends on what style board you want/what type of rider you are... there are pros that ride the evo and bust the sickest of the sic tricks, so as far as a board holding you back, if it isn't for you, then ya, but as far as Im concerned, the board doesn't make the rider, it may help...