Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-18-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Where do you put your boards on the way to your local lake?, and where do you put them a on a long trip?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-18-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
On either side of the engine in the storage lockers. If not there then on the bed of my truck (with a lid). On long trips you stop at someplace to eat or gas up and it is easier to have them away and not laying in the boat.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
We keep our boards in board bags to and from the lake. And leave them in the bag with the zippers open to let them dryout completly when at home.
Like the bags to keep them from getting all dinged up. If you get bags, make sure there the padded ones.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-18-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Richard, I put mine on the drivers side of the engine compartment on the floor.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
O yea. in the back seat of our truck.. forgot to answer that part of the question.
Old    live2wakeboard            03-18-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Goin to the lake we just keep ours up on the board racks!!! Is that a bad idea cuz i didn't hear anyone says and i was shocked!! So ya!! On long trips tho we just put them on top on the luggage in the back of the Denali..
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-18-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
I put my boards on the racks also if i was going any farther than 30 min or so i would just lay them in the boat. I have traveled over 80 mph and they have never flown out or given us any trouble.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-18-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
If I am at the lake camping, leave them in the board racks. If I am travling on the road I either put them in the boat ot in the board bads in back of the truck.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-18-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
I wouldn't keep the boards in the racks for more than a very short drive to the lake. Keeping them in the racks on the highways is asking for trouble.

I keep mine in the bed of my truck.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-18-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
i got a prelude and the only place it will fit is in the passenger seat. sorry ladies no room....only the substance
Old    leggester            03-18-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
In the back of the Bronco. Along with the foil and tube, vests, ropes, handles... ...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
i usually put my board below my feet and bindings on top of the water :-)

couldnt resist..

usually when its stored between trips it stays in my board bag in my garage...
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Under the loveseat on a SV211.
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       03-18-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
well going to my lake i put it in a board bag in the back of my van going to my friends lake in the back of his truck in board bag ( wioth cover over box) and at home on stand in my room at my lake in bag (open) to air out in base ment
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-18-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
Is it a good idea to tow your boat with your boards in the racks?
Old    live2wakeboard            03-18-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
It is if your just goin a couple of miles to and from the lake. But goin down the highway I don't think it would be a very good idea just cuz you take a risk of loseing a board. I haven't taken that chance so i wouldn't kno but ya!!!

(Message edited by live2wakeboard on March 18, 2005)
Old    norcalbrdrydr            03-19-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
I dont know about everyone else, but when I go to some of the lakes I go to, you have to go through a lof of rural areas. Rural areas = lots of bugs
Bugs + boars on racks = bug juice on bindings and boards. Another thing, dont put your wakeskate in the board racks. Couple of months ago, we were mobbin through the middle of the lake, a little coppy, and my friends in the back saw the skate start to fall, one of them jumped up and caught it as it was falling out of the boat. It was amazing. But, if you were on the freeway, that would be bye bye wakeskate. 10 piece wakeskate after the guy behind you runs it over in his 18 wheeler. O yeah, i throw all my gear in the boat. Just stack it all up in there and it will be chillin.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
lock them up at the lakehouse, i've also used my thule snowboard racks to transport them.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-21-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
I just put mine in the back of the tahoe, but if we're loaded up with a lot of stuff in the truck, I'll pad them with life vests, run a rope through the bindings and tie it off on the steering wheel in the boat.