Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-22-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
Which manufacturer/dealer is giving out the best incentives for the boat show? Any cool new ideas that anyone saw at the shows?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-22-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
skiers choice
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
I hear moomba is offering a 3 year limited warranty as one of their incentives
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-22-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
The skiers choice "pick 4" thing was kind of cool... for me. They were right next to us at the show this past weekend. Funny thing was that all of the items listed were standard features on my boats and a lot of other boats in the market.

(Message edited by Alan-S on January 22, 2008)
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-22-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
what were the choices Alan? That's funny.
Old    freefly70            01-22-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Not a moomba owner but thats what they do. They are building boats for the guy that cannot drop 45k-100k on a wake boat. So they are not blinged up or have tons of options on them. They are hitting a large portion of the middle class market that wants to have a nice wakeboard/ski boat and be out on the water with their family. Its just a toyota/honda great cars compared to 700 series BMW's and Porche etc. All get you there some just do it a hell of a lot nicer!!!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-22-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
standard huh?Upload
Upload
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       01-22-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Nubu,

The Standard Moomba warranty is lifetime on the Fiberglass Hull/deck stringer (like most mfg). 4 Years on the Indmar engine(a little different). And a variety of other years on the remaining components. What the boat show warranty does is extend all "the other parts" to 3 years bumper to bumper. FWIW. Sounds like we need to explain that one alittle better in our literature.

As to what the offering is at the show on a pick 4 for Moomba - Here is a link to our main page, just click on the Boat Show promotion.

http://moomba.com/

Rick

Or as I now post...just look above. sorry, slow on the keyboard.

(Message edited by Rickt on January 22, 2008)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
I just got my Pick 4 mailer today! Is the moomba like a Testarossa? I like the Ferrari angle but the Testerossa?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
I think the used Boat Market is a way better incentive than anything you will find at a boat show...

For example.. one of the "Boat Show Incentives" I am offering is...

Buy my boat... and get a second boat brand new Wakeboard Boat any make for free. No Tax.

2004 Tournament Wakeboard Boat Fully Loaded... $149,999.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-22-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Correct Craft is giving out a free wakeboard with the purchase of an $80,000 wake boat.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on January 22, 2008)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Wow a post from Rick Tinker!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
Tinker that's pretty much what I thought just thought it was funny the way it was worded. Thanks for chiming in though, it's nice to see that there is at least one manufacturer rep lurking this website.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-23-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Edward J. Sullivan (bigshow), Rick Tinker is great. He reads these message boards and listens. Major thumbs up to what he does, as it is refreshing.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I read that Moomba is using Dustch connector fixtures this year. If they are anything like the Aviation connectors I specify they should be make about the best rigging you could ask for.

Cool stuff from SC.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-23-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I would say for a good chunk of the boat MFG's that list is filled with things that aren't standard on most compareable boats. Sure the 100k PWT boat will have em :-)

I vote Skiers Choice as well though I do know of severeal people who have gotten their 10k cash incentives back from MC. That is a hard to beat one as well Got to be patient and dot all the I's but if you are that is a great deal.