Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-15-2008, 3:50 AM Reply   
Because I fear Kevin is too shy to post it... We picked up his X-Star last weekend. Look for us at Wakefest :-) Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-15-2008, 4:57 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat Chris & Kevin. Congratulations. I'll definitely give it a good look-over at Wakefest.

Hello Joe F: We sort of have a running theory/joke here, that all the pictures taken on the river
end-up having the power plant in the back ground. Your pictures totally reinforce that theory!
Welcome to the New Jersey thread Joe. See you on the river, and see you at Wakefest. And if you're on
the river and you see a white Super Air Nautique with a blue and gray stripe blasting obnoxiously loud music,
be sure to roll-up and say "Hey!"

Good to have you posting Gavin. Yep...see you at Wakefest!

Cool riding pictures on the blog JB.

Johan: When those helicopters flew over I definitely thought of you. Very intense. Get home safe brother.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-15-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
Welcome to the thread Joe! If you get a chance check out www.wakeboardnj.com and Wakefest 08 is sure to be a good time. I'll be working the grill so stop by and say hello.

Funny Alex! I think the Power Plant image is moving from theory to a phenomenon. It even found its way into Push Process.

Nice boat Chris & Kevin, look forward to seeing you at Wakefest.

Its great to see so many people riding this early in the season, my start is still a little ways off as baseball season is in full swing. We won our first game 11 - 2 and tonight Anthony takes the mound as the starting pitcher. Go Bulls!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey Joe,
Welcome to the thread. And to reiterate what Alex said, Oh Yea the Powerplant is in full effect! A lot of us have been watching the water temps on the river for the last few weeks. The temps are creeping into the low 50's and with a few warm days should be really tolerable.

Whats up Gavin. Docks going in soon, I know that feeling.

JB, funny story on the complaining neighbor.

Eustace, I got a new logo for the aprons...and a new cooking idea for the dogs! Can you say blow-torch?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Hey Joe! Nice to see you posting on here.
(Joe and I have been e-mailing back and forth for a few months)

As you can see, lots of friendly riders on the river. So how do you like the river so far? Looks like you had some great butter last saturday.

Oh yea, I like your board too! :-)

Chris and Kevin, nice pic of the boat! Bet you can't wait to hit the water with her.

(Message edited by njskier on April 15, 2008)
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-16-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
It is definately a little different from what I am used to, but it has been flat every time i have seen it so I have no complaints. The power plant makes for some good photos too
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
hey everyone so i bought 3 dvds and now that i watch some boarding im going insane over here!!! all i think about is riding and what tricks i can learn this yr.!!!!

Hey Joe nice to have ya aboard now im not the new guy :-)
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Yeah Joe! Looks like you have the fever like the rest of us!

I'd like to mooch a ride with you if you're going out in the near future. This may be my last mooching as my ship's coming in next week!
Aw yeah!

JB
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-16-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Ill be on the river around 5 tomorrow until dark, but the boat is pretty full already, 13 kids in one x2 is a tight squeeze, but friday morning I will be heading back down to the river probably alone because my dad has work and my friends all have school. Fortunately I dont have class fridays so I have nowhere to be all day. Anyone who wants to come down and mooch a ride is more than welcome to. Just shoot me an email and ill let you know what is up tomorrow some time. Ill probably head down around 9 or 10 am and we would be meeting at the Trenton launch ramp right by Trenton marine center.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
hey JB i was on alliancewake.com checkin out some vids and saw your face, were you in DEL MAR? well atleast it looked like you???
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
so anyone getting new gear this yr.??? just curious cause i want to but dont really know were to look?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-16-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
Joe, see you friday.

Johan, hope everything's going ok for you over there. After all that sun and sand I'm sure you'll be more than ready for the river. What gear are you looking for? New board? Vest? Handle?

Craig @ SOS always has some deals.....hit the link below, he's got some 2007 leftovers.

http://stores.ebay.com/Surf-and-Offshore-Wakeboard-Shop
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-16-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
Johan, we'll see you soon bro.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-16-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Johan, I have a Natural 139 I want to sell, awesome board just a little too small for me so I bought a 144. I have a set of XL Zeuses that I could throw in as well. I'll make you a killer deal on the set if it works for you. Let me know

(Message edited by holiday13 on April 16, 2008)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Ahhh college. I remember choosing classes so I too would have my Fridays free. Those were good days.

Johan: Dave's right. I was at Craig's a week and a half ago, he's jam packed with inventory and he's always
ready to make a deal to move some gear off the floor and out the door. But you know what? Remember how
lucky you were at the Push Process Premiere raffle? Before you go out and buy anything you may want to
wait and try your luck at Wakefest's raffle! Right Jim?

Speaking of the Wakefest raffle, just today FedEx dropped-off a really cool raffle item from Sidewayz.
I'm actually hoping it goes-out to some one in our core crew here.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
Johan, that was me on the mic. I've done that rail jam for 3 years and this year was by far the best show! The rails were all dialed in and the guys totally stepped up.

Joe, I, too, don't have class on Friday. And while I do have students to account for, I will make arrangements to get them looked after. I'd like to join you for some morning pulls if you're still gonna hit it.

I'm finally not sore from last week's riding down in Brick. Time to get worn out again!

JB
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-17-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
JB, ya i thought it was you man you got a good life! i really need to attend one never even tried to hit a rail yet, lame i know!

AWWWW im gettin so itchy to ride everyone talkin about gettin there 1st sets in for the season!!

ya ill prob. wait till i get back and hit up SOS and see what i can work with.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-17-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
Ok. What's the water temp? For real?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Joe that X2 must have a little ballast in it the wake looks pretty meaty.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-17-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Water today was 58, but with how much sun there has been it should be getting up there pretty soon. I am starting to get a little toasty in my 4/3, looks to be time to bump it down to a 3/2 or maybe even a shorty.

Ewing- those shots were from my second set this year and I have been pretty slow getting back into my groove, so I have only been running stock ballast which is about 800 lbs. I usually ride with about 2000 lbs total in the boat, just havent filled all the bags yet because theres no sense filling all those sacs and wasting all that gas unless I can put the wake to good use.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-17-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
63 around here but I suspect the water will be 65-66 by the weekend, we are on a small manmade lake and the sun we are getting helps a ton.

Which X2 do you have?
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-18-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-18-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
hey i wasnt sure wwho ive told about the boat i used to ride behind, i know ive told jim about it, but heres a pic my buddy sent me so i thought id show you all. we made the tower our selves i think the motor had to be like a 80hp. but i wouldnt trade the memorys for anything.
but just so all you know i never take for granite riding with you guys!! ever!!!

see ya all in about 3weeks!!!!!!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-18-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
Riding was great today here is a couple of pictures of Dave and Joe. Joe thanks for the pull. Great boat and fun riding with you. I don't think we could of gotten better start to the season. I made sure I got the power plant in at least one shot, right next to where we got boarded.

Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Johan call me as soon as you get home in N.J.

Dave and Kevin the river looks nice in those pics. How was the water?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-18-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Yea good day today for sure. Dave, I might actually be able to make it to Bordentown tomorrow morning to ride. Let me know what your guys plans are and I will see what the deal is
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Jim, water was glassy all day. A bit brisk when you first jump in, but nothing a 2/3 wetsuit can't handle.

Joe, nice to finally meet you and big thanks for the pulls. The wake on the X-2 was great!
(Joe is a great rider too) :-)

I'll be out again tomorrow at 10am from Bordentown. Should be another nice day.

(Message edited by njskier on April 18, 2008)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Johan, that old Glaspar looks like a great tow machine with your home-made tower. Look how high the tow point is! Sweet.

Give us your arrival date again, all the Jersey riders miss having you around. (You said May 11th before)

Stay safe brutha!

(Message edited by njskier on April 18, 2008)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       04-18-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
Great to see you guys out boarding already. I am sorry I am a warm weather boarder 52 degree water is too cold for me. Hope to see you guys out there in a few weeks. We still have our boat seats our getting done anyway.

Jim did you get your seat back yet from that guy?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
Oh man. Great pictures of riding on the river. I can't wait to get back out there.

Cool boat Yohan. My first wakeboat wasn't much different. Perhaps I'll post a picture when I'm back on
my home computer.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-19-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
jim, oh you know i will, my phone got jacked up out here though so i gotta buy a new one when i get back prob. all the dust, so im gona need everyone number when i get back!

my return date is supposed to be the 15th now!! but well see nothing is set in stone. I miss being around!!!

hey alex i got some sweet picks of some helo's ill try to post them!

i decided to get a slingshot recoil, anyone know of someone who wants to buy a practically new byerly?? :-) if so let me no $200
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-19-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
oh ya JB youre gonna let me get a tow on that aweet new ride right??
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-20-2008, 2:45 AM Reply   
Great to see some of the crew yesterday and hit the water again! Dave - thanks for the pull!

How's Joe?

I can ride today if anyone is going.

Where's a good place to find some bindings?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-20-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave! Upload
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
I am fine, they released my from the hospital after a few hours yesterday and just warned me to stay off the water for a while. I have had a pretty bad headache all day but other than that I feel fine. I will probably be back on the water this Thursday as long as my head feels good. Probably should have recognized it as an off day and called it quits after the first set. The official diagnosis is a severe concussion which caused moderate swelling in my brian. The swelling began to restrict blood flow to the brain and as this happened, I began to feel drunk or high as a result of the oxygen deprivation and ultimately it made me black out completely.
If anyone is down for some ballast free sets this Thursday I am probably gonna go out on a short rope and just dial in all my spins at a lower speed. Send me an email if anyone wants to come
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-20-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
So glad you're feeling better Joe! Not free this Thursday, but I'll be off every Tuesday and Wednesday this summer :-)Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-20-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
George, no on the seat. I'm gonna call him tomorrow and check on it.Have you talked to him lately?

Chris,"I'll be off every Tuesday and Wednesday this summer" hmmm.. I have a couple Tuesdays and Wednesdays off each month and usually have trouble finding a third. We'll have to get together this summer for some awesome mid week riding conditions on the river.

Joe, sorry to hear about your head. Get well and be carefull if your gonna hit the water that soon.

I have been down here at work on overtime all weekend looking at the pics of everyone riding and I'm getting the itch bad. See you all soon.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-20-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Joe, glad to hear you're feeling better. That was a really hard crash you had. Stay healthy.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
that wake is freaking huge, no wonder I ended up with a head injury.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Sorry, coming in on the tail end....Joe, were you hurt riding? "Severe concussion which caused moderate swelling in my brian". Sounds serious!
Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Doreen, Alex's better half.
We will be on the river this Saturday morning with a few other members of the crew for the start of the season on the Delaware. It will be nice to see everyone back on the water again!

www.njwakefest.com
www.wakeboardnj.com
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-20-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
dang season just started already got injuries!?!
be careful joe, and glad to hear your good, cant wait to meet ya when i get back.

hey doreen!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2008, 6:15 AM Reply   
Wow,
A lot has happened in the last few days. Glad to see a bunch of you getting out there on the water.

Joe, sounds like you had a tough fall, recoup soon man.

Dave, 2/3 for the river, that's good news! I have this up on WakeboardNJ.com but here it is again. http://www.delawareriver.net/temp.php

Johan, looking forward to seeing you back in dirty Jerzeee! Get home safe! oh yea...any chance you can you bring me a small bottle/bag/handful of Iraqi sand?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey,JOHAN!! So glad you get to post here while you're there. The crew thinks about you. You're counting down the days I'm sure and you'll be here just in time for the 3rd Annual New Jersey Wakefest. I love typing that! :-)
More exciting news about Wakefest 2008 to post soon!

Anyone riding Saturday?

www.njwakefest.com
www.wakeboardnj.com
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
KG, ya i think i can find some sand out here!?! ill have to look haha.

ya they try to hook us up as much as they can out here for morale, they got a sweet trailer with a bunch of comps. and i am totally stoked about 3rd wakefest!!!!! and just to ride this year, i ordered a slingshot and i can't wait to ride it!!!!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
want to make correction of my last post, im wanting to order a slingshot! havent yet, but im really bouncing between that and a Ricky G.?????
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Upload

heres the gator setup im looking at i can get board and bindings for as much as a slingshot board??
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-21-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
I think the Slingshots are flexie; somewhere between a regular board and a Roam. Personally, I wouldn't spring
for a Slingshot until I tried one. On the other hand, I like seeing people on Gator Boards. I bought Doreen
a Mary Jane!
Upload

As Doreen intimated, we're planning to hit the river this Saturday. The weather forecast is favorable, the
boat will be full, the wake will be big and the tunes will be loud. Ah yes...let the season begin.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
WOW,Alex bought Doreen some Mary Jane. I hope the cops don't read this page. LOL
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2008, 4:03 AM Reply   
ya i think your right alex ive been running this through my head for like the last month, and i think i might run with the gator! i like them alot to! and its better for my buck! ive searched the whole web and i couldnt find any sweet deals on slingshots, thanks for the input.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
Yeah Jim....I get on the board and find myself looking around in a nervous fashion!
I'm only a beginner (for the rest of my life) so I can't even tell you guys how a Gator board feels. All I know is it pulls me! Sad, I know!

However, the grahics on the new Randall board are amazing. I thought I read somewhere, or maybe Dorothee told me, he used his tatoo artist for the designs. So cool!

Johan, you're so lucky with raffles, you should wait for Wakefest and see what you win! I know from a really close source , there will be a very cool item that will be raffled this year!

I need a wakefest count down!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
Including today...53 Days till the NJ-Wakefest 2008!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-22-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
Yippers
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
JB, the minivan looks waaay cool with the new advertizing on it! Do you happen to have those in mini size, say for my car window? I love it!
You'll have to get some for wakefest to pass out. This is the perfect venue to get you started.
http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Do any of you guys have a wakesurfer that I could borrow for the next week or two? I ended up having another "episode" monday night and passed out while showering in my dorm. My friends found me on the bathroom floor and I have been in the hospital since then, although I expect to be discharged today. Because of this though, I definitely am not going to be riding for at least a week probably more, so I think I am going to just stick to wakesurfing so that I can at least get out on the water.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
We have a wakesurfer. Joe, what exactly happened? You had a bad fall on the water correct? Although I don't know you other then posting here, I'll be candid now....don't you think you should take it easy??? Sounds like you need to rest a bit. (Sorry, motherly instinct taking over).
We may be out on the water Friday (Alex doesn't know it yet!). Saturday forecast doesn't look so good does it?
I am watching them do the boat now as I lay in the sun with my laptop and tall glass of iced tea. Ahhh, vacation days are great!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
WOW Joe, sorry to hear. Good thing your friends were around. Take it slow for a week or two and get better.

Hi Doreen, I hope that Iced Tea has a little Long island in it!
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
yea Im definitely taking it easy, but its gonna be hard to stay off the water. I am definately going to rest up until this weekend, but by Sunday as long as I feel good I hope to get back out there
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Wow, Joe I just got home on the computer and reading this now.......holy smokes!
What are the doctors saying, just to take it easy for a while? Did they do a CAT scan?

Just get better and don't push it, you have all summer. I'm taking a break this weekend, should be back out next friday or saturday.

Get better Joe!

(Message edited by njskier on April 23, 2008)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
On the bottom of this page as I was posting, I see a link for Jersey Shore vacations! Funny!

Kev, they are one of my favorite drinks but I forget how to make them and probably don't have ALL the ingredients.

Besides Kevin can everyone see my posts?
(tapping on computer to see if this thing is on)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Joe, I would take it very easy for a few weeks.Even a light fall off a wakesurfer could do more damage. You are talking about your brain. Don't take any chances. Like Dave said, you have a long summer ahead. Take a couple weeks off and let your brain heal.

Doreen, I always see your posts. I've been on my week off this week and started to clean my boat up today. I'm gonna spend the next 2 days on her them head down to work from Friday night till Tuesday morning. I'll see you soon.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Doreen: Of course I see your posts my little Guppy; and I always read them more than once! So we're going out
Friday and Saturday now? Sounds good to me!

Joe: I concur with everyone else. There's no hurry to get back in the water. You totally don't want to
jack-up your noggin any more than you already have. Take some time off, go back for a follow-up doctor visit,
and make sure everything is back in place and in proper working order before you get back on a board.

And Doreen...are you going to have wings and piña coladas waiting for me when I get down there Thursday
night?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2008, 5:09 AM Reply   
JB, the decals on the ride look nice man. If you get any kind of decals in a smaller size for your wake academy I would gladly put them on my ride to help you spread the word.
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2008, 5:40 AM Reply   
Joe - I am with everyone else take it easy for awhile...I pushed a hernia a few years ago and instead of only being a couple of weeks it was all summer...really sucked!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Alex, anything for you!

Jim, it's always good seeing you. Let's hope it's sooner then Wakefest!

Yes! Stickers are in order. We need Wakefest stickers too don't we?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
Went down to Jims yesterday and detailed his boat. Heres a few pics

Boat Received:

Professional Polish http://<a href="http://www.glimmergl...olish.html</a>
476s http://<a href="http://www.glimmergl...udoco.html</a>
English Custom on the metal. http://<a href="http://www.glimmergl...epore.html</a>

I'm such a great photographer. .. this was supposed to be a close up before pic.
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4697.jpg[/IMG]
You can see the oxidation that was coming off. pic. I know.
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4693.jpg[/IMG]
Then after
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4702.jpg[/IMG]
some finished shots.

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4723.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4695.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4703.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4709.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4710.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4712.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4715.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4717.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/zoundbarrier/IMG_4720.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-26-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Chris,Thanks a million for all your hard work yesterday. My boat looks great. Those products you used worked great and were easy to use. I'll be placing my order at www.glimmerglassdetailing.com soon. By the way, your web site looks good.

I'm inching my way closer to the official start of my season.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
The cruiser looks good Jim. Nice work Chris.

Sadly, the plans to get out on the river this weekend didn't come together. But the boat's ready to
go and we're just waiting for a nice weekend.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-26-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hello everyone-
Just checking in and saying hi, so Hi. I finally got out on a boat this weekend which was nice. It was just a bayliner, but beggers can't be choosers right? So the people were cool and I met two people from london, one person from france, another american and two australians.

We wakeboarding right outside Amber Wings house, so that was sort of funny too. Anyway, Hi.

I can't get pictures to shrink for some reason so there are three pictures on the blog.

Doug
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Jim and Chris...........nice job on the boat, great shine!

Doug, nice to hear from you again. That's cool you met some people and rode by Amber's house. I bet she's there alot in the winter months.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
hi doug,

glad your having fun down under. i did a semester in coogee beach and wakeborded in a lot of those same places. it's such a sick place to be, i hope your really enjoying yourself. you should check out the university of sydney wakeboard club. it's a bit far from sydney but the crew is very nice, they have a malibu for the team, and everybody camps out over the weekend and rides. i met amber through the club and even got a chance to ride with her at her house. that cove is the breading ground for many of the aussi riders, including dean smith. you shoudl check out her parents shop also, wing wetsuits.

other than that, i hope your enjoying the surf down there. i surfed maroubra (they just came otu with the "Bra Boys" movie which is about the beach and gang there) also bondi is fun along with the northern beaches (manly, etc.)

have fun living the good life, cause that's exactly what it is down under.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
port douglass...i think that's the name of the cove...i'm having trouble remembering

ps. the sydney club is not just for university students and the river they ride on is unreal! long, winding, with 150 ft high cliffs on both sides.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Hey Alex, one of the guys in my fraternity here at school is the son of Brian Obyrne. Brian Obyrne is the founder the company that produces the energy drink Hydrive. It is pretty new, but you probably may have seen it in WaWa's and other Deli's in our area. He is always setting up booths and giving away free drinks at events here at Villanova, and said they were looking for more events to begin getting involved with. I told him about NJ Wakefest and said it is probably a good opportunity to come set up a booth and get the name of their product out there. If you guys are need of any more sponsors or free stuff, I definately think he would be interested so let me know and we could probably set something up.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
ChrisNJ, Nice work on JimB's boat. I got a 2005 Beetle convertible in my garage that needs a little TLC. I'll give ya a call this week.

"Dougie Fresh" checking in! Nice to hear you got out boarding, regardless of the boat. sorry, I missed our Sat night/sun morn call. I'll drop you a silly VM on your compuder! LOL

Gave the boat a much needed polishing this weekend...sunday though was a wash. Looking forward to the season!

Wakefest Check: 47 Days
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Joe, How are you feeling?
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Pretty good, headache has been in and out but definately subsiding over the last few days. I will probably be back on the water late this week and just easing myself back into it. Definately no ballast or handle pass tricks for a while.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-28-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
alright know i really cant wait to get home! i just bought my gator setup and i only got 15 days left!!!!!!!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Anyone know of any local place to buy Starlite XL marine board?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Jim, not sure about local but try here

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/KSB/KSBXL2460UG38.html

http://www.piedmontplastics.com/locations.asp

^First one is in NY, this one is in Maryland^

Johan, can't wait to see you riding that new Gator board.

Joe, good to hear. See you soon.

(Message edited by njskier on April 28, 2008)
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-28-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
Well...after 12 years riding my O'Brien Evil Twin I have finally moved on to bigger(not really) and better. Pumped to get out and ride. Got a new setup off boardersbestbuy...07 Era board and bindings. Bring on the good weather! This rain and cold the next few days definately sucks.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
Scotty, I ride an 07 ERA 147.Thats a good board.