Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    mikebailey            06-07-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey,

I went to a cable park on Friday, only my second time wakebaording, and I managed to get over 10 feet of air..

Pretty cool eh !

I did this without a board as well. It stayed where it was on the launch, and I went 10 feet horizontally into the lake.

Does this count as a trick ?

Serioulsy though... It was really very bad. the Guys there gave me a wakeskate, as they thought bindings may cause me problems, a skate is better for you with a cable they said.

So if anyone EVER suggests a akewskate to you on your 2nd time out, and you are on a cable tow ,there are 2 things you can say

1. YOU must be having a laugh, strap me to something huge

2. Sure why not, I'll give it a go

Any tips for learning how to walk again, and or making my arms work would be apprecited

Mike
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
I guess you went straight for the standing dock start. Maybe next time start with a sitting dock start. But atleast you're that much closer to doing a raley start, haha.
and as far as your legs and arms. Any sore muscles, use bengay/deepheat. any sprains, duct tape it. Take some pain killers, go eat some Toad in the Whole and you're set to go. Hot tubs are nice too.
just take it easy on the cable next time. Start with a sitting dock start and take the corners wide. But as far as usuing a skate, I would only suggest that to people who can already wakeboard OK, not on their second time. But go round a few times on a knee board, thats the easiet way.

(Message edited by kristian on June 07, 2003)
Old    mikebailey            06-07-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Kristian,

I couldnt do a knee board ( they did suggest that) bcos I cant kneel down. As my ankle cant move from 90 degrees, if I kneel down it pushes my knee out of place ( owww.)

And, It was a sitting start !!! I had a guy holding the board as well.

and yeah, the more I talk to people about it, the more they reckon ' someone ' was taking the piss out of me...

Its pretty bad giving a one legged guy, on his second outing, a skate. I will have my revenge though. I am going to master that skate one day, go back to that park, and do some air in the correct direction !!

I do ache though a lot. I am off for some deepheat, and since you mention it.. YUM toad in the hole, what a great idea ..

Mike
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'm hungry now, shame you can't get toad in the hole here.
They must off been taking the piss, I think he held onto the board a little to long.