Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
can anyone give me feedback on this handle?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-02-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have one and have mixed feelings about it. It has a super grippy rubber, but can tear up your hands. The handle also seems to be a bit small in diameter for some. If you have soft hands, it will chew them up. If you have hands of a normal male, you should be fine. I love the grip of the handle. Sometimes I ride with an eva foam handle and feel like it is going to slip out of my hands sometimes.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
i am using a tractor grip hanndle and unless you have tough hands you need gloves. what handle do you recommend?
Old    samcdog            06-03-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
I currently use a tear dropped handle and it is great on the hands! Unfortunately it is a ski rope though. I have been looking at handles for awhile, but haven't picked one yet. Most other handles tear my hands up and I refuse to wear gloves so I have been reluctant to switch. The smaller diameter on the straightline might help. I also don't want a rope with the t-bar or whatever they call it.
Old     (2waterbabies)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-03-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
I have the squid grip handle and I think it is great! I used to have a non-eva handle and it tore my hands up really bad. The new one can still be tough on my hands if I am out there for a long time but over all it is a hundred times better. My husband and everyone that rides with us really likes it too. My only complaint about it is that the squiggly black indented part, my handle is yellow w/ black detail, is starting to peel off. I'm sure that this is because we have used it so much and right now it doesn't affect anything. Anyway that's just my opinion on it.
Old    blais22            06-03-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
I have had no problems with it or the ameoba handle from SL. Both are great and have not torn up my hands at all. I was ridding with a LF Greg handle. EVA mayan grip, comfy as well and about $60. I would recomend any of those.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
If you pick up some of Straight Line gloves with the sand paper texture it is an awesome grip. The rope slipping out of your hand is no longer an issue.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    hillbillybob            06-03-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
We just got one this season. While no one in our group is an expert, we have no complaints with this handle. My 10 yr old daughter even likes it.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-03-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
i no www.thehouse.com sells a foam grip and with a wrap for around 40 dollers that won't kill your hand. but personally since i have a premeir i don't like the straightline handles since they are really thin and it feels like you are holding directly on to the aluminum bar. i would reconmend the house handle even though i haven't tried it but it looks nice and is eva. and half of the price of name brand handles
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
check otu ebay you can get the squid grip for cheap
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2003, 6:18 AM Reply   
will look. thanks
the squid is very cheap on ebay also