Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    gone2h20            05-31-2003, 12:47 AM Reply   
Does any one in the Portland OR. area know what is going on with Wet Wednesday's? I guess there is a new line of boats and dealership on-board taking the place of Active Water Sports.
I've heard mixed reviews.

Can anyone give me some details???

Old    scooter892            05-31-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
I've heard that it's pretty awesome down there. I don't know anything about the boats and dealers switchin around, but I know a couple guys that ride in Wet Wednesday's once in a while, and I could maybe give one of them a call...
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
The 411- Skyline Water Sports are pulling with '03 Calabria Pro V's. Every Wednesday and Thursday 6pm-8pm at Who song and Larry's on the Willamette off Macadam. Collin Wright will be there as much as his schedule will permit. Any info contact Skyline @ 503.246.WAKE or SKYLINEBOATS.com,hope to see you there.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
I went last week. It was a bit rough but still fun as heck. There wasn't a lot of us which was kind of cool because we all got to ride twice. Who Song and Larry's brought a bunch of burritos down for us which was pretty cool. Hopefully see you down there.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    phlames73            06-03-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
does it cost? or is it free...im too lazy to call in
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-03-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
$20.00 to ride. 1st place $100.00 cash, 2nd place $60.00 in merchandise, 3rd $40.00 in merchandise. Plus like Lyle said" bunch of burritos" and Rockstar to drink. See ya there.
Skyline Water Sports 503-246-WAKE or SKYLINEBOATS.com
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-04-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
I'll be coming up to Oregon for Wet Wednesday on the 23rd of July. How is the wake compared to the B52 they used to use?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-05-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
They are using a Calibrea that is weighted down. I wasn't that impressed with the B-52 when I rode behind it, could have been the driver though. The wake on the Calibrea isn't super huge but it has a really nice shape, and the driver did an awesome job. Heck I landed two tantrums, a 3, and a front roll. You want to know the crazy thing. . . I was riding a skurfer.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-05-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
How'd you finish?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-05-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
I ended up getting 2nd. I think there was a bit of luck involved though.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-06-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Nice work Lyle. You ride on Lake Oswego a lot?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-06-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Does Ryan Christy still live in LO?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-06-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
Yeah we usually get out 3 or 4 times a week. The name Ryan Christy doesn't ring a bell but I might recognize him if I saw him.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    gone2h20            06-06-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the reply's (all of you)... I have been out of town the past week and it looks like from the reply's this year is better than last.
Do old 30 something's like myself even have a chance at placing?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-07-2003, 2:16 AM Reply   
Who cares about placing it's all for fun. Ryan Christy ripped it up about three years ago. He used to have a supra v but then sold his boat for another (I believe). He ripped it up everywhere he went. Super-nice guy too. If you're riding in LO during the week, can I get a pull when I'm up there. I'm going up there Tuesday the 22nd of July and going to stay there till Sunday. It's like my wakeboard vacation. Send me an email to scanaday@san.rr.com