Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
I think it might be a nice Hoegaarden for me. I've been on a wheat ale kick lately. Has anyone tried that Budweiser Clamato. I hate bloody mary's so i refuse to even smell it, but my buddy says they are pretty good.
Old    alanp            10-25-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
that clamato is freakin disgusting.
i like negra modelo at the river, others i like are legend brown ale, sam adams black lager, smiths oatmeal stout and sparks.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
Lol, you like it dark alan don't you?
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-26-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
grainbelt premium is my beer, tasts so good because it's made right here.....in minnesota

I love that song
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
Keystones for my lake days. Rogue or Flydog tonight.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
it used to be a shot of jose before the ride and bud's and coors light after...but now it's more like corona and miller lite before during and after...
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-26-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
If you like Wheat Bears (Hefewizen) Paulaneer or Franziskaner are the best way to go.

For beer Warsteiner, Bittburger, Spaten.

Forget about the American Bud, try the Czech Budweiser (The real one) it is by far better.

You can get all of them at Trader Joe's and there is no comparison to our mass produced urine tasting beer.

If you want to get to enlightenment quicker try The Belgium Beer! It will knock your block off!

http://www.visitbelgium.com/beer.htm#breweries
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-26-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
So do some of you guys really drink IPAs out on the boat? I just can't imagine sitting out in 90+ degree heat thinking it would be a good idea to drink a bushel of hops with a little water added. And this is coming from someone who loves IPAs. I even got into brewing to learn how to make IPAs and English pale ales. But on the boat? No thanks. A nice wheat beer or Coors Light would be much better. It's fashionable to knock American beer but it has its place. On a hot day after doing strenuous activity, it's pretty nice to have an American lager. On the boat, I prefer Coors, Coors Light, and MGD but I sure wouldn't turn down a Paulner Hefeweizen.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-26-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
I'm with ya Dante.
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-26-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Stella Artois
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-26-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
So i stuck to my guns and had a Tucher at dinner with a lemon, then had a Leinenkugel for dessert. Had a really fun session. We put on a higher pitch prop and LOADED THE HELL OUT OF THE BOAT...

Ran 2 550's in the back, a 550 in the nose, a 1000 pound sack with about 750 in the aisle and full ballast at 750 plus a half tank of fuel in the 210. The wake was epic. It was so big we were riding at 85 feet at 23.7 and you could not go w2w, it was impossible. Consequently I took the best frontside edge faceplant of all time on a method scarecrow that i'm used to landing on the downcurve, but who is crying. I LOVE WAKEBOARDING...AND BEER LOL
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-26-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
Dante, you've brewed beer, and you'll still drink Coors, really?
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
US beer taste like water... even the US Bud taste ligther than the canadian one!!! For me, the best beer still the Labatt 50... a real strong ale!!!
Upload
Old     (cyprus)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-27-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Roll a joint...eh...
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
So much with you Niyazi!!!!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yes, I still drink Coors. Because I love beer. From the best Trappist Ale I've ever had (on site, no label) to the lowliest PBR, there's something to enjoy about all beers. The American style is a style all its own and like I said earlier, it has its place. What's really interesting is that it's probably the hardest style on earth to get right.