Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    chingui77            08-04-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
i started boarding this summer. i was getting a little frustrated but then i landed a W2W and now im hooked and i want to do everything. im looking to buy my own board and i have no idea where to even start. what is the difference between nose design, fin amt. and placement.etc...i am looking for something that is good for beginners but one that will last a little while into my advancement so i dont feel like i will need a new board next summer. any advice will be very appreciated.
Old    chocobeat            08-04-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
LF substance.... nuff said
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-04-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
CWB SOL Great for beginners and is good through an Intermediate level. You can get a package deal including the Torq bindings with the hinge tech for under 350 for the setup. Great setup at a great price. Hard to beat IMO.
Best of luck to ya Mike, once your hooked, its all over.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-04-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
perfect board.. the CWB flame or Pure .. both come with the new Torqs. (best technolgy in them) and they will last you a long time.. i know CIE Evan is riding the Pure and he kills it.. the flame is an 02/03 absolute.. both are great boards and come with some kick butt bindings...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-04-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Ya Ryan knows his CWB those setups are more of an intermediate/advanced level, but they are beginner friendly and you can ride that setup for many years and not get to good for the board, the Sol is more of a two season setup and then upgrade, but even more beginner friendly IMO.
Old     (shoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
I purchases a Gator Ricky Gonzales 138 and love it. The board has great hold on the edge, transition from edge to edge is awesome and the pop is great. We started with a LF EVO 142, and as soon as everyone used the Gator RG the Evo has sat in the board rack. We only use the Evo for riding doubles.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
I have an O'Brien Vision that came with links, but swapped them out for some CWB factions, that I absolutely LOVE!! The board is pretty loose but holds a great edge. I cant speak for its 'pop', cause I am still just going W2W, but I love the board, and the factions are AWESOME!!

Wish I had more time on other boards for comparison, that would help you more, but there you go, good luck!

Sean