Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
Wind was blowing pretty fierce across the bay yesterday, but all hail the delta.... We checkd 3 of our typical riding spots & they were blown out but the 4th was great, didnt pass another boat all evening. I have noticed the weather & wter temps steadily decreasing as of late - also the sun is going down a lot faster, I miss riding past 9. . . Anyways here's a couple random shots of the riders.

Disco Joe
Upload
Upload
Upload

Jessie
Upload
Upload

Andrea
Upload
Upload
Upload

Aaron
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Scott
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Wake
Upload

Lzy
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-30-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Arron,

We went out last night also, saw CIE group getting off the water and they said it was butter everywhere. Not! It was blowing when we started out. Same as you, we went to our ace in the hole spot and it was perfect all night long, no other boats just us. Only on the Delta
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Chuck,

Vics, Grantline & Old River were all blown for us as well, but we found good water - You are 100% right - only the delta =) I hope you & your family have a good holiday weekend, we will be up @ Shasta but prob riding next wed again back home on the Delta.

It has been a lil hit n miss lately - I think we all got spoiled during that 2 week HEAT WAVE - IMO that was the best of the best, 100 degree days 85+ degree water, not even a breeze & very few boats - It was almost to hot but those are the stuff memories are made of!

Lzy
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
haha Hail Delta! And yeah, that heat wave was incredible
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-30-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
AN,

Our ace in the hole spot has been good almost everytime we go out no matter how windy it gets. Will be out there tonight. Have a great time at Shasta. IMO, at the very end of the MCCloud arm is always a treat. Do you know the secret water fall in Little Back Bone that is a water slide?
Old    mendo247            08-30-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
looks like another killer day on the delta! that wake is pumpin!!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Chuck,

Right on, ya we did a group camp @ Hirz Bay on the McCloud arm with GoWakin, it was amazing. The group camp was in a cove, covered in trees, 20 picnic tables and about 50-75 feet from the water back in 01. We jumped off the McCloud bridge that year - great area. As for the waterfall yes, thanks. Miggity Matt on here has been a Shasta regular for years & let us in on that secret spot. I have camped in that cove many of times and we have seen a brown bear 1x and bald eagles multiple multiple times - great lil arear!

Mendo - thanks, we will get together one of these days, at the latest T-Day Berryessa trip I am sure.

Aaron
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Sorry for the mis-info Chuck. We were coming back from stockton where it was pretty much butter. Windy, but the water was great. We were clapped out from a night of drinking and a morning of riding.

Have fun over the weekend, guys.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Do you know about the other secret waterfall in horse creek down the Squaw Arm....shhhh.....Gotta Love Shasta.

Little Backbone runs all year long. Love that waterfall.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-30-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Well Aaron, we were going to try and beat you to post pics from yesterday but you are too quick...lol.
Thanks for the good times once again, our little stash of water never lets us down, huh! Have a great weekend! Heres some more shots of you:

Upload Upload

Upload Upload
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Andrea, it's always a pleasure riding with you guys, have a good weekend & we will see you & scott next week on the water!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-31-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
ha, ha, ha... Aaron, that fashion looks just like it did in the old days.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thnx Evan - good ol days fo sho!

Scott & Andrea have been working with me to land a TS FS 5, I was o so close on Tuesday, on axis, handle pass complete, clean landing, both hands back on the handle n slipped out as i was riding away - haven't smiled so big in weeks even though i didnt ride it out - DOH! Gonna try n stick that puppy this weekend
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-31-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
how about landing it tonite?

we just took the boat out and she ran great! Thinking about going out later on for a "new trick" hucking sesh...what do you think Aaron, a little warm up before Shasta?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Andrea -

I wish, my bodies a lil beat from Tuesday + we need to prep for Shasta... Food, Beer, Gear, Boat, Pack, etc.... Next week its on though, we will push each other to stick a new trick or at least try something different. Thanks again for all the sessions this year - You 2 are so humble & have been a great riding buddies & friends.

Lzy
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-31-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Great water continued on until Wed eve. Pix are not great, taken from camera phone. Oh well, you get the idea
Upload Upload
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-31-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Have fun in Shasta Aaron, too bad my grueling weekend work schedule got in the way of this trip...:-)

We have so much fun riding and hanging out with you and Jen too. Im so glad you were so nice to us when we first moved down here and didnt know anyone!!!
But the season is far from over, this is the first fall we dont have to pack up and go back to Tahoe for winter...Im stoked!! Hopefully it stays warm through October and we get many good sets in before drysuit time.

See ya next week, when summer is "officially over" for most

EVAN~ we are way over due to meet up and ride!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-01-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Yeah, I hear ya Andrea.. I'd love to make it out with you guys soon. The wife will be back in town next week so I should get some time away from entertaining our puppy at night. I'm down any day after monday, just let me know. I'm sorry you guys couldn't make it out on tuesday. Stockton was a hike, but riding with Trevor Hansen isn't to be missed. Man it's fun watching a pro throw down when there isn't any pressure.

Take care guys/gal. Have a good Labor Day.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-01-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Aaron, Evan, can you guys shoot me your wake recipies? I am running stock +700 in the front walk way and extra 250's in the rear lockers. The wake is great and no complaints from the crew but can it get any better?

BTW, miss riding with you Aaron!!! Let me know next time you are in the area and I will give you a pull fooo shooo!
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
I have to agree Evan, it was AWESOM to watch Trevor ride....and to think I was bumbed because I wanted to ride in your boat insted of CM's I would of missed out on these pics...got 100's of pics(no lie) LMAO

BatWingpic1
Upload
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Batwing2Upload
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
BatWing3,Upload
UploadBatwing4,
Upload Batwing5

Trevor Hansen on the 07Marius w/ 07 Zeus
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Upload
Last one of Trevor. He is a hella cool dude, totally humble
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
You guys ignoring me or what?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-05-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
Brandi, killer pics, thx for sharing!

Atilla, sorry bro I have been out of town up in Shasta all weekend, bruised but not broken - LOL. As for the weight I run 520 in lead + ice chest + stock ballast + a crew of 5/6 standard. It is not the biggest wake nor the smallest, to me it's a happy medium. It is still easy to drive, gas consumption good & wake big enough to throw down anything I can which aint much but we always have a good time. I am not sure if I am gonna make it out this week - ( stepped through a 2 in. staple ) + bodies beat up but will be out ridin next week & all winter long as well, I will drop ya a line nextime - take care.

Aaron - Lzy
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-09-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Was playing around with the batwing sequence posted above. Couldn't get the first photo to look good with the rest.

Upload
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Your Welcome Aaron

Mike~ That looks tight how you turned the pics into a panoramic pic

I know my camera has the option in it to do just that, but i hadn't had time to mess with it. That day was the first time i took pictures using the "continuous" feature. It's pretty dope.
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
I'll have to mess with the other 300plus pics i snapped that day of Trevor. LOL, I'm ashamed to admit that I personally don't know any of the tricks and what they look like, Sad, I know. That's what i have Joel for. LOL he is the one that told me that was a batwing. LMAO.