Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
Boardstock, i used to go when it was in shasta and i had a blast every time. it apparently got out of hand so it had to move. my question is, is it still as fun as it used to be and is it worth going again?
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-26-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
no, it's just a sausage fest of a party with people out to say look at me and my 50k boat that says I am soooooo coooool but I actually have no idea how to ride! Totally gotten away from the riding.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Hey, I can't ride, have a 50,000.00 dollar boat but I can kick your ass on the tennis court dude.

I have quite a few friends that are going and they said that they had a good time last year but the riding conditions sucked.

By the way, I will be going somewhere else during the boardstock to work on my riding skills.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-26-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
We've decided to hit the white trash fest this year. We're just going for the Kid Rock concert though. I think you have to be missing some teeth and be really into crystal meth to fit into any event going on at clear lake, though. Oh, and I'm pretty sure your gonna get the ladies if you have a really sweet looking jet boat.
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-26-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
dont forget you need to have your psudo P$#$s as well. You know your huge fountain or cigarette boat with a large engine that is good mostly to be really loud and scare off all of the cool, hip, hot, normal chicks and act like a magnet for those with only one branch to the family tree whom are looking only for thier next blow daddy! Oh sorry did I write that, I meant thier next sugar daddy! Just take a look at my profile pic, I took that last year of my cousin at boardstock!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-26-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Awsome
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-26-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Evan,
Where in Dublin do you live? I'm off of alcosta!

by the way my cousin prettied himself up for the picture!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Boardstock hasn't been cool since it left Shasta
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-26-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Boardstock,

Honestly, I can't believe the pricing, I am all down for having a good time but 200 - 450 a night for a 3 night minimum AND you are REQUIRED to purchase tickets to 2 of the concerts - WTF ??? I thought this was a WAKEBOARDING event, what type of event MAKES / REQUIRES you to purchase concert tickets in order to stay at the location.... minimum $600.00 + 2 concert tickets to stay @ Konocti for an event that was one time free.....

Also watch out for the local store @ Konocti - they were charging $49.99 for a 12 pack of coors light!!

http://www.konoctiharbor.com/boardstock/

We might make it up for a day trip but not ready to drop $800.00 bucks to see a pro-event & party...

Lzy
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-26-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
Has anyone read the rules & regulations from Konicti on the site / link above?

For those of you who are staying there you can ONLY launch or retreive your boat before 7:00 am OR AFTER 8:00 pm?

"BOAT LAUNCHING FOR HOTEL GUESTS ONLY – OVERNIGHT HOTEL GUESTS MUST LAUNCH OR RETRIEVE THEIR BOATS BEFORE 7 A.M. OR AFTER 8 P.M. 8/18, 8/19, 8/20"
Old    mendo247            06-26-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Aaron- my thoughts exactly!!!! know matter how much they charge its still clearlake/lake county .. i couldnt believe it when we called for rooms.. i live a little over a half hour away and am debating if im even going for the day..
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
for all of you bi-c-ing about board stock prices come and join us at fun time resort $25 a nite. And just remember the reason it left shasta is all the AS HOLES who trashed all the houseboats and caused all the trouble. Try to keep it positive and have a good time. We had great riding last year. The water was nice. And some great times partying with FRIENDS around the campfire
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
i'd like to go just for the bikini contest
Old    walt            06-26-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Aaron,

Hits the nail on the head !

I'll stick with events like the CIE spring ride or the DRA D-up contest.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-26-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
You know, it was great for us. But it isn't for everybody. We hooked up with some cool new people and just had a great time tied up and partying along the line they had set up. The bikini contest was pretty weak, (I guess I was expecting Centerfolds to sponsor it)

Just remember, it will never be what it once was.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Theres a few of us going out, for the first time.. I actually am more interested in checking out the FMX event. and I think there are some Metal Mulisha riders in it.

We rented a house in Nice for memorial and we had a great time between the people that we went with.

We are doing the same for this event but this time in Lakeport. Theres no reason you wouldnt have a great time if you hang with people you get along with. Every holiday and event jacks up prices and lenghts of stays, its not just this one.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
Even the Bikini contest wasn't all that amazing. This is an event for partying, not riding. Once again, I won't even bother bringing my board. You just have to make the best of it. I heard nothing but complaints from people who stayed at Konocti, like the stupidly high prices, and retarded rules in general (like not allowing outside food into the 'resort.') My friends and I were able to keep our weekend pretty cheap by camping. We do plan on going again :-)
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
Upload

Upload

(Message edited by ktmwakeboarder on June 26, 2006)
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 11:08 PM Reply   
Comparing The Shasta Boardstocks to the new one ia like comparing the 1996 original woodstock to that 1999 Pepsi corporate Woodstock
went to Boardstock 96, 97, 98, @ Shasta
Best event ever
Once it moved from Shasta it died
R I P Shasta Boardstock 96-99
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2006, 11:56 PM Reply   
TRU DAT... no contest. IMO it has gotten worse with each location change

Shasta= INSANE (too bad I missed those years)
Delta= eh.. (I went to 3 of those)
Clear Lake= lame (been and will go again though haha)

I remember seeing Shasta Boardstock in a section of the Switch 22 video and drooling
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2006, 3:54 AM Reply   
I hope Mr. Siebring didn't call 1996 the "original" Woodstock-that's 1969.
Old    wakebmxer            06-27-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
I have been to boardstock in every location starting at Shasta. It isnt the same but Clear Lake is better than the delta. All the Stockton Homies ruined it there. At Konocti it cost some $$ but it did at Shasta too after you add up the Houseboat rental Gas and Voyage up there. I repeat it isnt the same but it is better than the Delta. The people that spend big money to get in arent going to fight and be idiots(well most of em). I am riding in the Wake event and doing BMX Demos. Here is a pic from last year. Can you see me???Upload
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-27-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
the pic of the swim step ON the dock is unreal. I saw stuff like that at tower park for 04 (i think) boardstock and when people relized what was going on they ran to another dock only to make the dock rise thus lifting the swim step and boat up out of the water. people dont understand how many people it takes to do that...WOW
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-28-2006, 3:22 AM Reply   
opps typo...
1969 69 69 69 69

There's a dislexia for cure...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-28-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
"opps typo...
1969 69 69 69 69

There's a dislexia for cure..."

Darn, for a moment there I thought Hendrix was still alive!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-28-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
The docks sinking did also happen at the Delta as mentioned above. I heard a story of one case where when people left, the dock rose again, snapped a swimstep off and sunk the boat... not sure if its true, but I'd say possible. I've seen docks under water at both the Delta BS and Clear Lake BS, but only have that pic from Clear Lake last year.

RJ- it definitely is quite a sight/experience to be on the dock with tons of people while its partially under water!
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Going this year. Have not been to one since 03 in the Delta.
Hopefully it will be a good time.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Brian, all I can say is bring beer and lots of Mardi Gras type bead necklaces'.
Old     (sdmarty)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-29-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Man, "R I P Shasta Boardstock 96-99" quote from Ryan! You hit it right on the head.

I was at 96 and 97. (96 was the best because the main days were on a mon and tuesday) so, all the freakin barneys were gone and back to work....and the real wakeboarders stayed and hung with the pros and rode all day long!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-29-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Who has pix from previous BoardStocks? ...always so much fun to reminisce
Old     (sdmarty)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-29-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have video on VHS

(Message edited by sdmarty on June 29, 2006)

(Message edited by sdmarty on June 29, 2006)