Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (zeus12)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
I know this has been discussed many times before but what are people thoughts specific to the 2006 mastercraft cruise. I know it has its own gauge and upgraded software from 2005. Will I be disappointed from going from PP to 06 cruise? How well does it hold speed?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Yes you will in my opinion. I've had pp and I've had Mastercruise. I could hold the speed better manually than Mastercuise could. Also, if I was riding at 24 mph, it would surge to 29 mph before it dropped back down. Personally, I didn't care for it much, it was way to erratic. I'm sure some people that have never had pp will like it, but if you have had pp you can tell a big difference.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
If you have used perfect pass and like it ... stick with it. MC cruise is fine for those who have never used any speed control but I prefer perfect pass because that is what I am used to.
Old     (zeus12)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
Yea I figured I would get this type of response. Ive used the mastercraft cruise in a 2005 but have no experience with the 2006 mastercraft cruise. I was hoping it was better improved because I know they upgraded the system and made some changes. I didnt want to have to spend another grand on pp. I guess I will give it a shot and buy pp if I am not satisfied. Any other opinions on the 06 cruise?
Old     (t707w)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-29-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have the 06 Mastercruise in my x-1. The systems works great. It never surges, but if the driver pulls the boarder up with too much throttle it will slightly over speed in the beginning. We have found that if you reduce the throttle slightly before you catch speed it never has the problem of over speeding off the start. The only other problem I might see with this system is that the slowest you can set it at is 10 mph. Not a problem for us but somebody might like wakesurfing at a slower speed.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
Mastercruise holds speed just as well as perfect pass in my opinion. The only problem is mastercruise will overshoot the speed in the begining. But perfect pass will sometimes get all messed up on turns and mastercruise wont. If u could get PP for free then get it, but i woulnt spend an extra G for it.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-29-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
MC cruise will not overshoot if the driver is good and dosent ease up to the desired speed.
Old     (zeus12)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-29-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
I will definately give it a try before buying pp, thanks for the replies
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
My mc Cruise seems to hold speed better than other late model boats with PP... no joke.