Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    wakeboard4568            08-11-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
Hey everyone..well i took a trip up to Center Hill Lake yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and so when I got up to ride, I was doin stuff I never do. The wake was really huge for some weird reason, also. It was great. So I got back in the boat and my brother and parents were like.."Thats the best we've ever seen u ride!" So i was all happy and stuff and i felt all confident, <lol>.

SO THEN we drove across the lake to swim right? My dad was all like talking about how the engine was running so cool and how the engine sounded kinda weird. SO he opened up the back to look down....and our engine was in 2 feet of water. Like the back of our boat was filled!! Then we checked the middle storage thing of our boat and it was also filled! We turned on teh bilge pump and it ended up all draining out but then later it hit me.
THE xtra WATER WAS LIke A FAT SAC...it was like 200 lbs of water in our boat..THATS why the wake was so huge to me and why i was gettin so much air and doin good. MAN i wish that would happen more often. It wasnt so funny at the time...but it sure is nice to have a fat sac and not know it.haha.

Elisabeth

(Message edited by wakeboard4568 on August 11, 2003)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-11-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
well now y'know it'll work - just get your dad to buy one. you can tell him you really appreciate him flooding the boat for you, but all he needs to do is get a fat sac and a pump and that would be fine! ;)
Old    wakeboard4568            08-12-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
AH HAHAHA....Maybe you should talk to him..ive tried!ha, im getting a job finally tho so itll all be ok when i have money.:-)

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-12-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
FYI:

May want to keep an eye on your starter now. . . All that extra water in your engine compartment may have got the starter wet and may lead to corrossion / bad starter eventually . . .
Old     (roskow)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-12-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
Great advice lzyboy. Your starter goes under you can almost for sure kiss it good bye. That is if the boat is sitting and you forget to pull the plug, it fills with water, you notice your trailer tires looking low, you find your engine compartment filled with water, you pull the plug and let the water out, then let the boat sit a few days with out running, and the starter will not turn over. Not that I would know anybody who has done this
Old    wakeup            08-13-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
i'd check the engine oil for milkyness (any whiteness in the oil) too. if the engine was submerged, water could have gotten in (causing the oil to turn milky) and thats not good. just a word of advice. lata.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
Haha, that happened to us this past weekend to, we forgot to put the lil plugy thing in the back of the boat so we had a nice wake for once on our boat, well not a nice wake, but a rideable one
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
i know it wasn't the smartest thing... but back in the day when i had an actually ski boat.. we weighted it down with ice chest of water and also added water to the engine compartment... NOt the smarts again... but it did help the wake! and didn't have any issues with the starter (didn't add the water there every time, just a few times)
Old    tfdhyprider            08-13-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
i know some ppul who did that
Old    tfdhyprider            08-13-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
thats some funny stuff!
Old    wakeboard4568            08-13-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
LOL...Yea it was crazy...and for the people talking about the engine and starter and stuff, my dad metntioned all that..hes checkin it out cause we had trouble with our starter back in the day..so who knows. Thanks though.

elisabeth
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-13-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
Elizabeth- where do you guys go at Center Hill?
Old    wakeboard4568            08-13-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
Im not exactly sure.....but all i know is we had to pay $3 to use the ramp and dock...and where we went...it was right by a huge green bridge...we turned right be4 we went over it. SOrry lol hope that helps.

elisabeth