Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    tclagggym            04-23-2003, 12:13 AM Reply   
LOOKING AT PUTTING ALPINE SPX-F17T COMPONENT SPEAKERS IN BOSS 530 CANS. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THESE SPEAKERS? I'M ALSO THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN 2 12" JL 12W6V2 SUBS IN BOXES IN BACK STORAGE AREA BEHIND BACK SEAT.
Old    tclagggym            04-23-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
I'm assuming knowbody knows about alpine speakers in boat? Any thing is appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-23-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
i would help you but i dont know either. i am still trying to find out what the heck i have in my b60's - JA speakers. Not JL. I do know that my mbq's sound great though. sorry.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-23-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
I have been told that in the Boss cans you can only put either MB Quart or Infinty drivers in them the rest will not fit due to the width of the ring at the face of the can
Old    heldoorn            04-23-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
hey tim...... what kind of boat do u have????? Ok heres what i did in my 03 SANTE.... 4 Alpine 6666 on the tower in bullet cans.... 2 Alpine type R Subs one underneath front seat and one behind kick panel!!! I would not recommend the back one reason wet things go in the back and the guy at our speaker shop said to be careful with that and wouldnt recommend that.... also with our ballast when i have dumbasses driving they just cut the throttle water will and has came over the back deck! if you have any question email me at crisco1508@aol.com

CHRIS
Old    heldoorn            04-23-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
hey tim...... what kind of boat do u have????? Ok heres what i did in my 03 SANTE.... 4 Alpine 6666 on the tower in bullet cans.... 2 Alpine type R Subs one underneath front seat and one behind kick panel!!! I would not recommend the back one reason wet things go in the back and the guy at our speaker shop said to be careful with that and wouldnt recommend that.... also with our ballast when i have dumbasses driving they just cut the throttle water will and has came over the back deck! if you have any question email me at crisco1508@aol.com

CHRIS

p.s. If you can't tell my dad is a rep for alpine!
Old    tclagggym            04-23-2003, 10:38 PM Reply   
Chris, thanks alot for your advice. I have a 1999 Sanger DLX,which is for sale by the way, and a new 03SAN Limited.I have kicker system now and just plan on adding to it. I've seen the alpine components priced as low as 559.00, but if you can do better let me know? I'm just thinking if I put those subs in boxes sealed with fiberglass and they are poly cones, and I check them once in a while, and they only cost 400.00 a pair what the heck.I use to have a giant system in a Mazda RX7 along time ago.I'm just trying to get more balance in the sound by putting them in the back.But thanks again for your take.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2003, 1:56 AM Reply   
My friend, Ray, has an Alpine setup in his boat, it is awesome. Quality brand, very crisp sound.

Old    tclagggym            04-24-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics and the scoop, Josh.