Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    bambamski            09-28-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Anyone interested in going out this Saturday the 2nd? Kind of a freeze your a$$ off, last kick at the cat kind of thing before the boat gets put away.
Old    cykosis            09-29-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
You have a full dry suit? It was very cold last weekend, and Ghost was very busy for some reason?
Old    bambamski            09-29-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I've got a drysuit
Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2004, 11:49 PM Reply   
I would be interested however my boat just went to High river for winterization...are you looking to pull or to be pulled?

Jase

Drop me a line if so...jaz780@hotmail.com

(Message edited by Jorellz on September 29, 2004)
Old    extremegreen            09-30-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
It's still shorty weather here in Kelowna, supposed to be 20C all weekend.
Old    bambamski            10-01-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Gerald I have ever told you that you suck?

They start draining the local lake here in a week or two so it doesn't matter how warm or cold it is we can't go reguardless.

It's suppose to around 18 tomorrow, which is Ok for this time of the year. However it got to -5 last night. Water is going to be more than frosty!

I'll take some pics
Old    cykosis            10-01-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
You are crazy to be going in this water. Have fun!

@ Gerald, so the water is still warm enough to wear a wetsuit? I'll be in penticton for thanks giving and was hoping I could hit the water.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-01-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
its supposed to be 90F+ this weekend in houston.
I'm still wearing my SPF 30

Old    cykosis            10-01-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Adam.... lol
Old    bambamski            10-01-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Are you Chicken Allen? Come on, I've got the heater and shower on the boat. I don't know if the shower's working though, haven't used it this year...

Gerald, it's been cold out there for September as well. Are you wearing the shorty because you don't have anything else to wear?? Toe side, what are you wearing these days? Didn't you say you went from trunks to drysuit. That's the way I am as well!!
Old    rtm            10-01-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hey Pat,

Drysuit it is, and have been for the last little while . . . the weekends have been warm enough for shorts but even the younger guys have been wearing wetsuites (shorty's mind you). Last night you'd a been a fool not to be in a dry - - it's not the water (down to 59 last night) it's the damn air when you're above water. Only light till 7:10 last night which really sucks though. Dustin's got lights on the boat . . . skating and surfing in the dark will be fun but it's sure not like wake riding till 10pm lin the summer . . . NICE TO BE THE ONLY BOAT ON THE WATER THOUGH!!!!!

Pat you should try and come up for a weekend before Nov. I tried to get a picture of the slider on the site but I can't . . . you got to try it . . . 42 feet of flat with two up sections . . . about 3.4 feet out of the water . . . hit it on the skate the other day (scarry) and stuck a surface 3 on the flat section (so stocked) . . . nothing like the boys are doing but for me "couldn't be having more fun!!"

Have a great set . . . and about the suit . . . if you got one . . . why suffer???
Cheers,
todd
Old    extremegreen            10-01-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Its supposed to get down close to zero C overnight but warm up to 20 in the afternoon.

We'll break out the drysuits soon, like Toe-Side says its not the water (18-19C last time out) but the air temp that cools you off.

Still lots of people riding here though.
Old    bambamski            10-02-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Jason

Call me on my cell 827-0109 home 236-2906

I forgot your number at work. The slew is being drained so we're heading to ghost.

Call me!!
Old    xrated            10-03-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hey Pat; is that your x10 for sale in the trader? What have you got up your sleeve?
Old    bambamski            10-03-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Hey Rod, that's my X-10. Up my sleeve, not really sure, keeping things open right now, still considering them all MC, Malibu, Tige ect. It's been three years which is the longest I've ever owned one boat before. I've seen some of the new 05's which are looking pretty nice.

What a great day yesterday! I think it was nicer today than most of our crappy summer days this year. Jason, who is the trooper of the group trunked in ghost, still not sure about that one. The rest of us dry suited it, far more comfortable.

Todd, I'm in Washington next weekend, but hey, I may be talked into a little trip out to Vernon. I'll watch the temperature. Where do you have the slider? Do you leave it out in the water all the time?

One of the guys that came out took some video, maybe we'll try and represent the Canucks here for once...