Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (adolescent686)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
I bought a Ricky G Board (the black one) and when it was shipped to my house, it was totally ruined. Huge crack in the tail and dings in the rails from it being dropped by FedEx. I cant even ride it this year. Hopefully I can get money back. Never again with FedEx.
Old    chriswilk            09-27-2004, 5:07 AM Reply   
that sucks. im expecting a fed exed board today. hope its ok
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-27-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
Dont think fed-ex is the only shipper this happens with. I have heard horror stories with UPS, USPS, DHL, and now with Fed-Ex. I would hope you bought insurance when you had it shipped. It would cost only a mere $1.50 or so to insure it for $400, and then you would be covered.
I only ship Fed-Ex because they are they have the most reasonable Shipping rates for oversized items. I have shipped Numerous Wakeboads, Bikes, Wakesurfers and have had not one problem yet with them.
Sorry to hear about your board.... But make sure you get insurance next time.
Old    hydrotek            09-27-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
I completely disagree with Erik. I do work for the largest shipping company in the industry. DHL. I can assure you that the containers fedex and ups move freight inside is the core cause for their damages. In addition, DHL has lower rates, costs, fees etc than both fedex and ups. You shouldnt be seeing any higher fees with DHL. Give it a try and send me an email if you have any issues. I bet you wont be let down.
Old    e_smooth            09-27-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
So why buy from the internet go down to your shop most will give you the same price and your supporting your local wake commuinty.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-27-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Playaz Club, Thers a nice unbiased opinion. I suppose that if there was someone who worked for UPS or Fed-ex they would say the same thing to defend their company. And buy the way my company sends me stuff weekly using DHL and the packages are always filthy and they look like they have been drug through the gutter before it shows up on my doorstep. Maybe there is a reason they are cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-27-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
I completely disagree with Erik C. I do work for the largest shipping company in the industry. UPS. I can assure you that the containers fedex and DHL move freight inside is the core cause for their damages. In addition, UPS has slightly higher rates, costs, fees etc than both fedex and DHL to insure your quality. You would see much better quality with UPS. I bet you wont be let down.

Had my ricky g shipped UPS and it came in perfect condition.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-27-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Thane,
r u still selling the substance?
How much
Old    shopguy            09-27-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Sipping a board can be very dangerous...Support your local shops...

JBG
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-27-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
I wouldnt be too proud to work for a company that fired their workforce to bring in cheap labor (aka airborne drivers) like DHL did. I will never ship with them, I worked for them and I know how good they are with packages!!!
Old    sierra            09-27-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
Another thing you have to look for is how the board or whatever was packaged by the shipper. Packaging can make or break a delivery!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-27-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Bottom line is who ever you ship with make sure you have full insurance on it. You will be covered in case anything bad does happen. Bottom line is all of these companies have ahd their own problems and im sure you will find people to both bash and support each company so get the insurance and stop this thread.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Grant,
Who did you order the board from?

Thane,
I too got my ricky g unblemished via UPS. Thats what brown did for me.
Old     (adolescent686)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
I bought it on ebay from someone brand new for $200. It wasnt already ruined because he showed me pictures of the top and bottom.
Old     (69flyguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-27-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
correct packaging & insurance will go a long way...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Grant,
I hope the pics he sent you were not of the board before HE trashed it and decided to sell it to you. Its so easy to scam on ebay, I cant help but be a pessimist. There are alot of crooks out there. Ditto what Chris said...correct packaging does go a long way.

Was it from a single seller of from an ebay store?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
Was the box damaged?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
FedEx will automatically provide coverage up to $100 on any item shipped, even if you failed to purchase adequate supplemental insurance. As stated by others, you'll want to save the box to show the investigators. This may be a hard lesson learned for you - NEVER ship anything like this without purchasing supplemental insurance. It only costs another dollar or three, and then you have nothing to worry about. If you buy something on Ebay and the seller is not willing to provide supplemental insurance, then that is a huge red flag. Something like this can happen with ANY shipper, and in all the many times I've used FedEx, I've been very satisfied. Contact them about it, be mature and professional, and you are likely to get some of your money back.
Old    trickskisrock            09-28-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
At least your gear showed up. One of my friends tried to mail my slalom ski back to me with UPS. The ski was only going from LA to San Diego. When the box got to San Diego, UPS called my friend to tell him that the tape had been cut off the top of the box and the ski was gone. Unfortunately, he had forgotten to get insurance on the ski. Really kinda funny since he was an insurance salesman himself. UPS said it wasn't that uncommon for that sort of thing to happen. Luckily my friend was really cool and still covered the cost of my new ski. Still sucked though. Remember, always buy the insurance. Personally, I've had bad experience with all the shipping companies, but probably the least with FEDEX. I ususally consider it a huge factor in shopping online if the packages are going to be delivered by FEDEX.