Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
Anyone know where the fuses are for the FILL on their Supra SSV bertha ballast? I have traced back the wires and one set run to a fuse box - this fuse box has 6 fuses in the block up under the dash, but they disconnecting them turns off the empty pumps and indicator lights, not the fill section - any help would be great - my dealer is stumped as they have not had too much experience with the ballast & Supra seems burried this time of year.

Help - i have resorted to a hand pump to fill the front center ballast :-(
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Look for an inline fuse in the hot wire to the pump or at the source?
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-19-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
take a look at the actual control switch panel and make sure everything is plugged in from behind the side panel. I've seen these actually pull loose once or twice at the butt connectors that hold the switches on. If it's an '04 Supra has a different style that actually holds the electrical connectors on a little bit better than the style before.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Dan,
Thanks - i did take a look where you indicated and got the ol multimeter out as well - the center switch (front) is missing +12v DC on one of the top and bottom posts. It's either a fuse upstream on the center only 12V+ or i guess it could be the board that the switches are hooked to - i couldn't imagine that. I am starting to like the hand pumped ballast more and more ;-)
Old    zboomer            07-20-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
The SSV has some circuit-breakers under the dash, as well as some fuses. Be sure to check them all...
Old    kmac            07-20-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Be sure to check behind the Bertha control switch panel down on the lower right as they can create problems as the previous post mentioned. We have had multiple problems with ours not turning on and filling properly. Seems the post get dirty and need to be unpluged and cleaned, this is behind the actual panel and kind of a pain but all of our problems have come from behind the panel. Try not to chase a ghost as this has been a known problem on SSV models.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Ken,

Thanks - i will try this suggestion, i have not yet unplugged, then plugged back in these plugs. May even hit it with a little bit of rubbing Alcohol too.