Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (genenieri)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-25-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
I don't have them here at the office. I'll post them later this evening.
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-25-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Gene

Have you sent the Mastercraft email to your insurance? if so what did they say, why not let your insurance fight the battle with MC. It sucks that Mastercraft won't step up but at this point have insurance pay to get it fixed and get back on the water. See if you can get someone to warranty the repair work and then if it happens again you have a fix

Otherwise you are going to miss most of Summer without a boat and what would T-Pain say about that?

I would love to hear Mastercraft's side doesn't anyone on here work at MC or know someone that works there? How about a MC dealer? If all the above is true and the boat broke just hitting water and not anything else they they need to step up! If Mastercraft believes something else happened then they should prove it or at least explain it.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hmmmm, I don't think Jeremy has been keeping up. Good suggestions for Gene, but he pretty clearly says that he's already taken some of those steps.

Finding another dealer in NorCal is tough these days with the demise of Copes. And it sounds like NorCal MC was happy to help until the factory put a stop to it.

A letter must have been sent into the MC HQ, as indicated by the scanned return letter on the site. Gene hasn't said who it was directed to, but it seems like writing to the president is pretty futile at this point.

I agree the next step may very well be a lawsuit. But you know who wins in lawsuits, and it won't be Gene.

The fact that guys like Sam are hinging new boat purchases on MC's response to this case are a pretty clear indicator that the website & this discussion are putting a certain amount of doubt in people's minds. You know that if 1 guy online is doing this, there are 10 guys offline with a similar train of thought. I would hope that anyone interested in an MC, or even someone who stayed at a Holiday Express recently would call & talk to their MC dealer contacts to get more info. MC needs to respond to this, directly to Gene I would expect, but it sure seems like some PR digging is in order.
Old     (genenieri)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-25-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
I just received a call from Scott, John & Parker from MasterCraft. We had a good conversation.

They have agreed to work with me to resolve this issue & said they would contact me within 24 hours. I will post tomorrow and let you all know what the final outcome is.

I want to thank everyone for their .02 cents, encouragement and thoughts.

Again,

Thank You!
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Awesome.... that's great to hear Gene.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Hope everything works out well for you!
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-25-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
NICE!!!! glad to hear it
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-25-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
No, Bill, I have read the posts.

Concerning Norcal, Gene posted "And NorCal MasterCraft can't do anything because MasterCraft is their "bread & butter."

The returned letter on the site is from a manager at MC and only addresses the fiberglass inspection. I have not seen one post where Gene mailed an actual letter it seems that all correspondance has taken place via email. And trying another avenue is not always futile.

So maybe Bill it's you that hasn't kept up with the posts.

And I think there is more to be gained using the court system rather than posting a MC sucks site.
If someone was publicly bashing your company and advertising a website on various message boards, how quick would you want to help the guy? (Go ahead and give me the answer that you wouldn't have let it happen). But all Gene is offering on his website is his personal dealings with MC. It MAY or MAY NOT be true. Not everyone is honest.
And I am not forming any opinions of MC based on Gene's postings (because there are always TWO sides to every coin).

How do we know that Gene isn't a Chaparrel or a Wakecraft dealer?

How can we be sure that Gene won't take up an alias and post a Malibu Sucks or a Nautique Sucks in the next few months?
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-25-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Fill the cracks with toothpaste and put it on ebay.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Congratulations Gene. And MC. Good luck working this deal out. Hope it works out for everyone.

BTW, Jeremy, as soon as you start yelling "SUE" & "I'm going to call my lawyer", companies typically won't deal with you directly any more. At my own job, we have very specific instructions to give people our attorney's phone number at the first mention of a lawsuit.

And in my experience, the only people that win lawsuits are lawyers.

BTW Gene, good job taking down the site at this time......

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on March 25, 2009)
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Gene,
Great to hear that MC NOW wants to work with you! Hope it all works out, keep us posted...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-25-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Good luck, Gene. I'm glad to hear that everything looks like it is going to work out for you. Maybe MC, will fix (or give you a new one) your boat and hopefully mend some of the scars you have gotten from the situation. Maybe you can post the results and enlighten everyone with the good news.

And Bill, I didn't say call MC and threaten to sue, I said to SUE. If you make that decision any calling should be done by a hired attorney, not someone thinking they can threaten someone by saying the word.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Gene congrats on finally getting MCs attention.
One is easy to blow off but when WE stand together even a large company has to take notice.
I hope they show all they are the company that we thought they were.

Jeremy its easy to say sue them until the attorney says give me 10k as a retainer and I will let you know when I need more?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-25-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
good news Gene hope it all works out for you. Not real sure why it took so long but its good to hear they have come around.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-25-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Who are Scott, John, AND Parker from Mastercraft?
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-25-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thats great news Gene, hope it all works out and your still a MasterCraft owner enjoying the water and some water sports with your X30. I had the 01 X30 before the Xstar and liked the boat, its a nice all around boat.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
Gene, that is awesome...glad to see MasterCraft is stepping up and doing what they should have done all along.
Old     (jaysus)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
C.R.-
The director or worldwide sales, President/CEO, and director of national sales, respectively.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-25-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
I don't think thats great news.Mastercraft built a wakeboat that couldn't handle a wake and should have fixed it eight months ago.But now that someone got wind of the website it somehow is a different story now?
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-25-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
For the people that dont belive his story. If Mastercraft said it was from impact, his insurance would cover it. He could just say I banged the f out of it, it would be in the shop. I belive you because I dont think you would take this much time just to bash Mastercraft. I own a correct craft but Mastercraft's that I have been on are nice. It really sucks that you are having to go through this.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-25-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
i have an xstar, its me second MC. i have delt w corporate too. i love their boats but i think the way corporate handles themselves is horrendous. i never thought i would say this but my next boat probably wont be an MC unless i see some HUGE changes at corporate. i stated this in an earlier post. they want to be the BMW of wakeboard boats but they dont act like BMW. i have been driving BMWs since 1980. never had an issue w BMW that they would not fix...MC should take some lessons
Old     (vab_wake_boats)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Even though I am a Centurion dealer I will explain to you what has happened to your boat. During the 2005 and 2006 production years all of the boat manufacturers were required to switch over to a new low VOC (volatile organic compound) gel coat. Unfortunately the new type is applied differently when it comes to thickness and so lots of boat manufactures had enormous amounts of cracking those years. With that being said MC should have taken care of it if you are the original owner. If not they are not going to period.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-26-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hope this does not to turn into a argument. In my opinion, it should not matter if you are the original owner or not. If a product is buildt faulty or poor then a company should stand behind it. How would one feel if in the auto industry , one was to buy a used chevy with 12k miles on it and GM wouldn't warranty an engine cause you were not the original owner even though it carries a 36k mile warranty. If it was due to neglect or abuse then that should be be determined at the time of the repair, original owner or not. Just does not make sense to me. I purchased my Malibu used, still under warranty and they are so great that they are fixing 12 gell cracks for me. That is great service.

(Message edited by spherren on March 26, 2009)
Old     (vab_wake_boats)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Dude I could not agree with you more. I think the warranty should be automatically transferred at no charge just like we are able to do with motors. With Yamaha and my other brands we can transfer ownership easily online. But boat builders think that their obligation should end if you sell the boat and the new owner does not want to pay a huge transfer fee. That is to be envied that Malibu is honoring their obligation to a 2nd owner.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-26-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
With boats I can see why. People are more likely to pay out of pocket for boat repairs as to where they will file it on their insurance for car repair. More times then so that tree that jumped out in front of the $60K boat you just bought for $30K has no history of that happening. MasterCraft builds boats I doubt they want to spend time digging through lies to make sure they aren't just fixing others mistakes.

Now I am not saying everyone does this, but all the repair that has been done to our boat fiberglass wise was paid for out of pocket and I am for sure many more have done the same. 2 years after we had the boat we found out that someone had repaired a hole that was gouged in it with bondo!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-26-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
lets see the pics, the MC bashing website doesnt work.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Let it go. MC is working with the guy to get it fixed. Hopefully he can come back in a few days & report that MC is taking care of things to his satisfaction.

I got the impression that he didn't feel the need to be shelling out $20k (the repair estimate) out of pocket either, especially when he there were no accidents hitting a tree or anything. Seems like a boat builder or insurance adjuster could determine that kind of thing without much help.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on March 26, 2009)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
I wonder if he's going to put up a MC is great website if they fix it?

(Message edited by woreout on March 26, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-26-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   

quote:

By Billy (woreout) on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:57 pm:

Tubing from the tower anyone?

Billy,
You are way late to this party and obviously haven't read the thread...

Tubing didn't cause the damage...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Scooter you had 12 gel cracks? Wow!! What happened?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Are you sure Sam?
Old    K.B.C.            03-26-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
"I wonder if he's going to put up a MC is great website if they fix it?"

Pretty sad he had to go to that extent to get the issue worked out. Many would not have been able to. What happens to them in this same scenario? It's nice MC is now taking care of the issue, but it shouldn't have even come to this.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-26-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
Billy,
You could be right, MC's will suffer huge damage if a tube is towed from the tower....
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-26-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Thats BS about it only being up a week. I saw it like a month ago. Sure in this case they do suck... but dont get on their level with the website crap. If this were to go to court it would look like you were in high school. I wouldnt kiss their ass so to say, but I wouldnt make a site like that either. Stay firm and stick with it...

If this never goes to court, then MC has the final say since your insurance company doesnt seem to have a spine. Whether I was right or wrong, someone posts a site like that and I wouldnt want to help them if I didnt have to.

Best of luck though, definately a bad situation
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-26-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
The site was very possibly what caught the attention of MC. It was the root of this thread and maybe this thread caught the attention of MC, it's hard to tell. All I know is that since I know about this deal I won't buy a new MC until I get a good explanation of what happened and why no one stepped up. Once I hear an explanation and am satisfied with it I will be buying a CSX 220, but not until then...
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-26-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
maybe i will be getting a new MC next year (my 3rd mc)if they step up to the plate...
tho its sucks he had to go to this length.
Old     (smith86)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
i think all manufactors suck sometimes,
at the same time they can be great.
the sad thing is, its all about who you know.
i had a motor blow on a boat (rather not say wich brand) that was a year old camp demo but my buddy hooked me up and got it replaced fo free.
but if your like me your only satisfied when you get what you want. every situation is different.
hope it works out for you
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
Kevin kinda looks like both insurance Co. and MC
lost their spines. Gene did what he had to do after 8 months of being jerked around by all.
I hope it all works out,
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-28-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Gene you a happy camper yet?
Old     (genenieri)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-28-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Kev,

Working on it. I'm happy MC & I are working on a solution.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
Billy, I had 12 cracked alone the windsheild where the screw holes were not drilled proper, and on one of the front hand rail or whatever you call it. That is what the dealer told me.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-28-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
I find it amazing that some people think that it would have been better to go to court over this than the posting of the website.

Granted I don't think everyone should take this method of settling a dispute with a company. But this method is certainly not an option AFTER a lawsuit. And even if this method completely struck out, going to court is still an option. Then the lawyers will will it all.

Good luck Gene.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-29-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Web site was a great idea otherwise mastercraft would have just ignored him. Gene, you are right Mr. Clowers is a nice man, but he doesn't get much of a say in what gets fixed. He is just left to explain to a pissed off customer why they won't fix it. The day after I bought an 06 x1 I read through the owners manual. What a joke, they basically gave themselves an out for everything. One of my favorites was the portion on the interior. If your interior turns pink, we know we have a problem with that happening, but it is not under warranty. Now who in the world is gonna pay that kind of money for crap like that. I, like alot of other people, assumed that MC was who they used to be. It didn't take me long to find out they are not even close. I sold that boat as quick as I could,and in the process made more trips than I cared to to Mastercraft Corporate. I know that there are alot of jobs involved in Mastercraft and I want them to be successful, but their customer service for probably the last ten to fifteen years has sucked terribly. Gene's case is a prime example. If they want to be successful they are going to have to revamp their whole attitude and warranty structure, because it appears managements slick ways have finally begun to catch up to them.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-01-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Gene,
Any news?
Old     (genenieri)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-01-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
MC is taking care of me. We have reached a mutual agreement that we are both happy with.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-01-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
Good to hear.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-01-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
How about the details? Mastercraft shouldn't mind them being posted if they actually stepped up.

I know it's not my business, but I would like to know since I might be buying a CSX220.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
^^x2 for details
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-01-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Sam, if you dont buy the CSX 220 what would you buy instead? Just curious.
If everybody made a decision not to buy a certain brand of boat based on one case, there would be no boats sold at all.
I think all Mfgs probably have a story or two like this one over the past several years.
I am glad to see that your getting your issue resolved.
Good luck Gene.
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-01-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
x3
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-01-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Billy,
I would probably end up buying a CC 230 or maybe another center console. I haven't heard any stories like this from anyone in the CC family. From what I know about them, they always step up and do the right thing, even when they don't have to, like paying all their debts in full after bankruptcy. I've actually gone through this very problem before with another manufacturer and swore I wouldn't do it again. I actually had a really nice 210, but gave it to my brother along with the payments when my wife's dad gave us the Malibu. The Malibu just isn't big enough for all our gear and doesn't really meet our needs when we go to Powell for the month. It's really tough to fish off of.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-01-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
CC is not the CC of the past. Your right though the old CC did step up a lot. However,there were a few occasions like this one though, rare but none the less still happened. It seemed to be always a "he said she said" or abuse or not abuse. I worked with CC for quite a while. 2 yrs ago at Cypress Gardens we had a MaliBu split down the keel and they told us it was abuse. The funny thing was the boat only had 65hrs on it. Go figure.
Good luck on your search I do think you will be happy with a CSX they are a great all around boat. I have spent quite a bit of time in one, very nice ride and great wake as well.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-01-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   

quote:

By Billy (woreout) on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 4:05 pm:

CC is not the CC of the past.

I keep hearing that very same thing, with Yeargin running the show and the Meloons not being the controlling force. I WONT BELIEVE IT THOUGH UNTIL I SEE IT. Otherwise I might even consider the big Sanger. Sangers hold up great and the Davidson's have always been great!
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
I would say that Mastercraft has told Gene if he says anymore about the situation that they will not fix his boat. That would be why he has not given the details.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Probably correct, however it seems pretty counter productive for Mastercraft. Everyone knows what Mastercraft originally did to him, but we will never know how it was solved... That's just dumb.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
if anyone thinks CC isn't a top notch company , look for teamnautique's post on planetnautique.com ...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Billy
Your comments about CC seems to be a lot HE SAID.I just watched Gene get slammed for not giving enough proof of claim. Yet here you come with a derogatory statement about CC with out any verification or proof. I can only deduct that you are in either in bed with MC or trying to get a cabinet post in Obama's administration.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Which post by teamnautique?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Sam
Go to Planet Nautique look up post [Am I crazy or does this not fit] posted March 30 6:18PM addressed and corrected by CC March 31 8:41AM.
Post[Losing my patience with CC] posted March 20
4:07PM addressed and corrected by CC March 20 9:29PM [4 1/2 Hours]This sets the bar for customer service not by the dealer but by the builder. Its no wonder the CC owners are so loyal to their brand.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
Ok, ya, that's what I think too. My cc dealer was always great to me.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-04-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
TTT