Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-14-2008, 3:07 AM Reply   
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Bullet wakeboard racks?

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-51/Wakeboard-tower-rack%2C-wakeboard/Detail

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-44/Adjustable-Wakeboard-Tower-Board/Detail

* How are they for Board slap?
* Do they slip on horizontal bars?

I am looking for some good racks that mount on a horizontal bar of my tower.

I was thinking of the Fluid Concepts (Type 2) as they seem to have good reviews. But cost a bit more... but if they ARE the way to go, then I'd rather spend the extra cash ::

Any opinions would be good.
Cheers
Greg
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-14-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
Good price. I would be interested to know as well.
Old     (scanboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-14-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Don't know about the racks but i've bought some sacks and pumps from Ken at Bulletlines and was more than pleased. Outstanding service.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Greg,

Our board racks do not lock boards in like for example a MC board rack does. Our board racks are standard size fingers with rubber inserts and bungee that will fit most boards perfectly. I'm sure there are a few boards out there that probably could have some board slap.

We have not had or heard of any of our racks slip on horizontal bars.

Thank you,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-14-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
do you have different rubber / plastic inserts for the different dia. of towers? or is it metal on metal brackets
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
It depends on what size you need.. Our 2 1/2" and 2" clamps are metal on metal. Our 2 3/8", 2 1/4", 1 7/8". and 1 3/4" clamps have rubber inserts.

Thank you,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-14-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Ken, im interested in some racks, i would have to get 2 1/2" for my tower. the last racks i had were metal on metal (cheap racks) and they slipped and scratched the hell out of my black powder coated tower. I know its your product and you will endorse it well, but why do you have metal on metal for those two sizes and do you guarantee they will not slip? Just FYI, i am VERY interested in a couple of your racks...tax return is on its way...
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-14-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
Thanks very much for the replies...

Hmmm... I'd really like to get some feedback from someone who has actually fitted them.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Eder,

Yes, I'll guarantee it will not slip metal on metal. However, I can also send a really then rubber mat that you can place between the tower and clamp; this will for sure make sure it'll never slip. The rubber may or may not fit properly in my experience, but you can try.

Thank you,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Gotta get off WW, work blows!

Ken, Sent you a PM
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
GREG i just ordered some racks from Ken! Great guy to work with let me tell ya! I should get them within a week id assume and as soon as i get them i will post up some pics for ya and the rest of the WW community! Email Ken, doesnt hurt to do so
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-15-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks Eder :-)

Some pics and comments on how well they hold your boards would be great!
Old     (raulc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-16-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Greg,

Check us out at www.diywake.com we carry pretty much the same product for the same price if not cheaper and all of our product comes with free shipping. If you can not find what you are looking for there try our ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Pyramid-Manufacturing
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-16-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hi,

Thanks very much - I have looked at the DIY wake racks.

Does anyone have any feedback on them?

There are just so many different rack manufacturers to choose from, and I will be ordering from South Africa, so I'd like to make the "safest" decision, and buy some racks that are recommended by people who have used them for a while
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here you go Greg, done, pictures and all! http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/536675.html?1200940843
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-21-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
Excellent... Thanks very much

I am probably going to go for the "two-piece" racks which mount on the horizontal bar of a tower - they seem like the simplest and neatest option