Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
I bought this new pump and used it for the first time over the weekend. It pumped water in very well, but when it came to draining the sacs I couldn't get a good steady stream of water. Basically, it takes forever to empty the sacs because air is getting into the pump. I've had this trouble with pumps before, but if you hold the pump down into the sac initially it will usually start working. That didn't work with this pump. Any suggestions?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-20-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Every pump gets airlocked at some point. Try "preloading" a pump by having it all the way down in the water to start, and keeping it there. Either that, or the pump is backwards. Not to call you stupid, Ive done it.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
I've tried "preloading" the pump. That has worked with all of the other pumps I've owned, but not this one. Quite frustrating.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-20-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Should have got a Fly High tsunami they are the best by far IMO.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-20-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
I hate the word "Uber"
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Does the Fly High Tsunami work with typical sacs?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have the uber pump and mine seemed to start fine once you got it pushed down in the water.
I think the Tsunami pumps will work but you have to have an adaptor for your sack
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-20-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
I think it comes with the adaptor, but I would call fly high to make shure.
800-932-0685
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-20-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
The connector that comes with typical sacs is a blue magic waterbed connector, you can buy them at wal mart. FYi.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Mike, When you purchase a Tsunami Pump it will come with (1) W735 accessory fitting. This is made to connect your Tsunami to the old waterbed technology. You can see a pic at www.fatsac.com
And like Jeff @ innov8 said, feel free to give us a call.
Thx 4 the support J.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Mike, the Fly High stuff is definetely legit. The USC team uses the tsunami to fill our two v drive sacs, as well as the big boy sac in the front.

The adaptor that comes with the sacs fits perfectly on the older sacs. But be careful to watch the sacs, because this pump will fill them up much faster then you could even anticipate.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-21-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Hi-Jack
I was looking at www.fatsac.com and they say that their tower is the only one in the industry that is made of stainless steel and that is NOT true. I know that both Titan and Wakeair make stainless towers.