Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Does anyone goto Lake Jocassee? I've lived here for going on 3 years and only been to Keowee. We decided we would try out Jocassee this weekend and was wondering where we should or shouldn't go. Thanks for any input.
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
JO JO where is this lake? Check your email in a few minutes.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
Right above Keowee. www.lakejocassee.comThey say its not real busy and has some nice scenery.

(Message edited by josnow1 on June 15, 2006)
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Dude that looks nice. Some nice rentals too!!
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
What's up SC guys?!? A friend of mine told me about this place. A few hours drive up to KY, but this appears to be the ultimate wake vacation for this area. Full set ups, you tow your boat and jet ski out behind and rates are pretty good, considering you'll probably have a few families to split it.

I thought you had to go out west to find a good houseboat lake! This is our next vacation for sure!

DC

http://www.leesfordmarina.com/houseboats/index.htm#photos
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-16-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
you can go almost anywhere, since it is a flooded mountain valley. The narrowest coves (and i mean REALLY narrow) can be like 100ft deep still. It is an awesome trip. Jumping off the old corry wall is fun. you can see it near the dam. There is also an awesome water falls to hang out at and climb up. I want to say it is to the right but you may want to ask somone at the ramp. Hope yall have fun!
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2006, 11:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Adam, we are going first thing in the morning so we shall see if its as good as people say it is.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
My brother and I tow our ski/wakeboard boats to Jocassee almost every June. He was there camping last week at Devils Fork State Park. I didn't go this time, because I took my 13 year old son to Shaun Murray wakeboard camp in Orlando. I told Shaun about the lake and the waterfalls and mentioned he should visit it sometime. I live 4 hours from the lake and we love it. It's a great place to boat, wakeboard and see the falls. The water is very clean and clear as well. I recommend anyone visit it at least once. Lake Keowee, nearby, is nice also.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
David, Lake Keowee is my home lake. We are on it 3-5 times a week but on weekends you have to fight with the pontoons and fishermen and lets not forget the jetskis, just to find some good water. Jocassee is only a few extra minutes past where we put in on Keowee, we have just never gone. Thanks for the insight though. We were hoping to check it out this past weekend but didnt....hopefully later this week.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
JoJo:

Definitely check out Jocassee. It doesn't have the homes built on it like Keowee does and not nearly as crowded. Once you go on it, you may not want to go back to Keowee. My brother was on it just this past weekend and said there were hardly any boats on it. Be sure to check out all the waterfalls while your on the lake. You'll be impressed. Tell me how you like it.