Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (aev)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Anyone have any experience using normal earphones for a waterproof ipod setup? Is this possible?? I was thinking that i can just purchase the earbuds and use standard Ipod earphones... corect me if i am wrong about this. it just crossed my mind. Also, can I use other armbands? was thinking of the Otterbox case.

Any experiences also with the Ipod breaking, falling off during crashes?
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
idk about otterbox
but i have the h2o audio suffle one with there arm band and i have got wrecked hard and it never came off
as for the headphone question idk i use h2o headphones
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Do you have a link to the otterbox website?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
IMO the otterbox (shuffle version) does not create a water tight seal for the headphones when the headphones are plugged in and I wound up wrecking a pair of h2o headphones in the process. However I did like the otterbox shuffle box better due to control access and ease of opening/closing versus the h2o shuffle housing.

I have since switched to the nano and will be using the h2o nano housing and h2o headphones.
Old     (aev)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
so standard earphones will not worK? i looked at the H2O ones and they look pretty basic to me except for the shape and earplugs.... will my stadard headphones get busyed in water?
Old    malibu73            03-12-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
Look on ebay for a product called ibuds. I bought a pair of these and supper glued them to the original ipod earbuds. Then glued up all the holes. I haven't tested them yet, but they stay in better and can't see any reason why they wouldn't be water proof.
Old     (aev)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-14-2007, 12:17 AM Reply   
chad let me know how it goes. you are right i think it might just work.
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
I have tried normal headphons(several different brands) also the liquid tunes ones and the h2o audio headphones, which I am currently using.IMO the h2os work the best,the standard headphones will work untill they get full of water and the speaker has no air to move then they get muffled but if you take them apart and dry them out they will work again. The biggest problem I had with the standard and LT ones was the cords eventually breaking connection inside the ear piece. The h20 protect the cord much better and I have been very happy with them.

BTW I use them with the otter box and have had no trouble.