Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (osuwaterski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Which aftermarket board racks work/look best on the illusion x tower?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-29-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Are you considering the Metcraft racks stock? I think they look and work great. I have heard bad things about the swivel version but we have been very happy with the standard ones.

Try posting on www.themalibucrew.com.
Old     (osuwaterski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
We had initially ordered the metcraft racks, which had a list price of $458/rack. After looking at some of the aftermarket prices we cancelled the racks, assuming they would credit us back around 15% of the $916 list price or whatever discount we had received below list on the entire boat. When we took delivery, the dealer only gave us $500 back after canceling the racks. I guess it makes since that the dealers have such a large margin on the accessories, but I thought they would have let us know the difference was only going to be $500. I guess at this point it probably makes since to order aftermarket instead of making an issue about it.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
There are a couple of posts on themalibucrew website about this topic - there are like 3 brands that make a rack that fits the Illusion X. check it out.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
my buddy has dbot5 rack and flag holder on his malibu, holds 2 wakeboards and a surfer or skate, it looks sick, very good price too on buywake and boarders paradice

Upload