Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    fliping_98            07-25-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Wanted to get some advice on getting a new board..I currently have a '02 Belmont 136. I love the board but I have a chance to get a new board at a deep discount and would like to get a board that will help me become better. Any suggestions or advice between some Hyperlite (Parks, Premier, 3Ds) CWB, or Gator boards? I am looking for something that will help me increase my speed and pop but still be a little forgiving on the landings.
Old    wickedwake            07-25-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
speed and pop? Try the CWB Absolute. You wont be dissapointed.

(Message edited by wickedwake on July 25, 2005)
Old    mile_high_rider            07-25-2005, 11:16 PM Reply   
I wanted the ricky G. 138, but they were sold out. from what I have herd they are nice boards.
Old    tea_boy            07-26-2005, 3:16 AM Reply   
Try the Hyperlite State, tested loads recently and this came out best for me, going from '02 project'.

(Message edited by tea boy on July 26, 2005)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
We had our demo day at the local lake a couple weekends ago.
Every one seemed to really like the Gator Boards Gonzales. It was our most popular board. It has a ton of pop and you might really like to check it out!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old    drew_a6            07-26-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
'05 byerly is a beast. Good distance, soft landings, nice aggressive board.
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
byerly all the way.
Old    t_magnum            07-26-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
my friend just got the 38 gonzales and he loves it
he got a pretty good deal on it too
Old    wickedwake            07-26-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
ok he said speed....Byerly is the slowest board on the face of the planet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Like Clay said above the CWB Absolute has a huge pop, a fair amount of speed and the softest landings in the world. It's funny coming down in the flats & thinking "oh man this is gonna suck" and then poof it's nice and soft. You shouls also look into the CWB Marius, it's continuous like your belmont but with a significantly more amount of pop. I'm hooked on the both of em.