Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (integrity640)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-13-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Has anyone rode the new transcend? I've heard alot of good things, I've rode the absolute and wanted to know how they compare.thanx alot.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Perch...oh I mean Search.

It's been reviewed pretty extensively. You can also take a look at the Board Guide. One guy reviewed it there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
The new Transcend is a sweet ride. Previously I rode the older Absolute (Flame/ Pure) which was pretty much the same mold from 2003. The new Transcend was the first shape to get me off of that older mold.

It pops like a big 3-stage rocker board, but glides across the water with very little drag, which is a rare blend. For me its able to maintain speed on big landing in the flats instead of slowing down abruptly.

It's a smooooth ride!

In comparison to the Absolute. It will be noticabely faster and looser on the water. The molded fins stop way short of the tail, so it seems to release a litter earlier off the wake imo. It's a lot of fun. I highly recommend.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-14-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
It's a great board it's like J-rod states the board is a little of everything. I demoed a few boards before buying the transcend and to me none compared.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-14-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
I need to try that board again, I only gave it a quick run and I was frustrated because I had just broken a deck.

Definately seemed to grip on edge, broke loose easy, and land soft.

For some reason I just wasnt comfortable in the quick set I took, Im really excited to check it out again.

Jrod, you arent the only one....My buddy Stan (sbt3 on this forum) also got pulled from his 03 Lute to the new transcend, that has to mean something.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-14-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
how does it compare to the newer 06/07 abs platty 141?

is it slower or faster then the old transend and is it faster then the the 06 abs platty??

I love the abs platty but if i can find the same type of pop and smootheness with more speed then i may demo it later in the season..
Old    innov8actionsports.com            12-14-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
Its way faster then the 06 Transcend and faster then the 06 Abs Platty. Bill its a sweet ride, if you want to demo one then just let me know and we can set something up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-14-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
I don't know....faster boards pop better for me, period. It's a timing thing.

It's a lot faster than the old Transcend. It's not even close to the same board.

Faster than the current Absolute also. It seems like it rides higher in the water.

Of course I have never ridden the board with the fin extensions in. But I suspect there is less drag because the molded fins are so short (if that makes any sense). Also, I dropped one size for the first time ever. I'm now riding the 138 Plati Transcend. It has the light weight feel and snap of a small board, but lands like a big board. The board doesn't even flinch on the big landings.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-14-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
well ill put it on my list to try in the spring along with the Natural and the ONE ..that should be enough boards to demo in 07 :-)

Jeff thanks but if you were closer id take you up on it but that a drive for me unless i happen to be in the area ....

theres some closer places to try then ill let you outbid each other :-)

im evil
Old    innov8actionsports.com            12-14-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Right on Bill I here ya, but if you do decide on the 07 Transcend, then let me know, I owe you one, the one time you were in the shop, you helped sell an Abs Platty.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-14-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Best board ever...... Unless of course you think a Natural beats it (see other post for clarification).