Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Should be fun getting a Response to party cove on the 4th Weekend!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
No offense guys but watching anything under 23 feet round the turn at the Grand Glaize Bridge on the way into Party Cove on 4th of July is entertainment. I bet I could set up a grand stand at the State Park Boat Ramp and sell tickets.

Either way have fun and be safe!
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
yeah, it gets interesting in a small boat out there on the 4th. i did it for years in an 18 ft i/o. have to pay attention....

this weekend we'll be coming from the state park side of party cove, it's not that big of deal coming in from that direction. still glad i don't have to drive the response.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-05-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hope you all had fun at the Ozarks... we rode Stockton Lake BUTTER all weekend... Stockton is Sweet, I love it with all my heart!
Old    hyperchick05            07-05-2005, 10:48 PM Reply   
You lucky bastid! I wish I could've ridden butter all weekend.
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2005, 11:29 PM Reply   
Beaver wasn't to bad, especially after 5:30 pm. There were tons of wakeboarders down there last weekend but I think most were just drinkin and hangin out because I didn't see that many people riding.

I noticed that alot of the people down there weren't very cool! Every time we drove by another wakeboard boat we would all throw an arm up and several times we didn't get any response. What's that about?
Old    corkyswx2            07-06-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Anyone riding cable nationals??
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-07-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
I wish I would have read this yesterday. We went out last night, had the place to our selves.

The only bad thing about that lake is it's shallow, 4'-8'.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-07-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
John I'm supprised with everyone being rude and all, since Beaver is Mastercraft Heaven. I thought the "no wave backs" this weekend were because we were in a Nautique

I did notice the same thing that you mentioned as well. My favorite comment ever about Beaver lake is "This place is Mastercraft Heaven and they are all pulling tubes!" Bobby L gets the credit for that one!
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
Darin, Tell Kyle not to worry about the seat. I know he feels bad, but it could have been anyone. I think it was some other things that had me on edge. Thanks for showing us the wild times you guys have up there.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2005, 5:18 AM Reply   
russell, glad you guys could make it up, hope you had a good time. it wasn't quite as crazy this year as it has been in the past. sorry about the stain. i have had many of the same in my boat and the sun always seems to fade them out after a couple more outings. hopefully will be the same for yours. see you next time i'm in the south....
Old    corkyswx2            07-15-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
It is possible... believe it or not to ride at Blue Springs lake...
Blue Springs... July16th
Old    corkyswx2            07-15-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
and again...
Courtney slayshing
Old    hyperchick05            07-17-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
nice pics courtney! looks like stellar water too.
Old    chocobeat            07-17-2005, 11:43 PM Reply   
anyone want to go wakeboardign monday or tuesday?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
hey guys i'm new to this site but i'm from kc and i have a house at pomme de terre, i'm not great at wakeboarding yet, but i'm looking to get better, just wanted to see what's up
Old    joeyhoflander            07-19-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
well i've got some bad news. i had an mri yesterday for my knee and got the results back today. i tore my acl on the upper half of my knee so it looks like no wakeboarding for me the rest of the summer. we're not sure yet if the doctor is going to do an arthiscopy surgery or a total acl reconstruction...hopefully just the arthiscopy. you win some, you lose some...but just gotta take what life gives you and go with it.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
that sucks man.. you've got my prayers for a speedy recovery
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-19-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
Hey Joey, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will be good as new by next spring.
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
hey ive heard rumors of a tuesday night riding club at hillsdale is it true and if so i got cash for a pull
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
Anyone going to Smithville on sunday?

Nick Heckerson - I talked to HO this morning and never got a call back on your strap. I will try again monday. E-mail me and let me know if you need 1 or 2 and maybe I can get one from the shop and replace it later.

Take it easy...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-25-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
Jamie, sent you an e-mail.

Thanks
Old    corkyswx2            08-10-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys- I'm trying to put together a last minute clinic for Ryan Wolfe and Aaron Katan of Mission 2 Ride. If anyone is interested in participating classes will be Thurs August 11 from 8-12 or 2-6. Sessions are 4 hrs long and cost $75. Max number of people allowed in each session is 8. I have 5 open morning slots and 4 open afternoon slots. I have to call Ryan by 2pm and let him know if there are enough to do a clinic. Call the shop 816-224-5545 (ask for Courtney) to reserve your space.
Old    corkyswx2            08-10-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Forgot to add- Classes will be at Blue Springs Lake near Skiers Wharf Extreme2 in Blue Springs, MO. (KC metro area)