Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-28-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
I'm headed to Panama City Beach, Fl for Spring break and it has been since August that I've been on a board because of some ear problems.

Stupid, right?

Does anyone know of any lakes in/near Panama City Beach that I can get a pull at..I was also looking to demo some boards while I'm there.

Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
When's your Spring Break Jeff?? I might be road trippin' to PCB over Spring Break, and looking for the same thing!! I've got a new board thats only been in the water once cause it's been cold!!
Old     (tpj)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
im going there for spring break too and was wondering the same thing.

is anyone out there familiar with the area?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
If we find a boat we can have a WW meet and greet!!

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-28-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
haha...I'm thinking mine starts on March 21st.
I was down there last year and the only thing around the strip are a couple surf shops..
atleast the shops are bad a$$...lol I can tell you that much.

And, then again, I'm still in High School. So, my Spring Break only lasts a week.
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I live in the Destin Area and we are all salt water here, the closest lake to us is up in Alabama.

I think if I was young and coming for spring break to the beach, the last thing I would be thinking of was wake boarding........

but then again, I am old and perverted....
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Haha, Kelly when your life is shaped around the lake, boats, boards, and bindings, Wakeboarding is the only thing I want to do on my Spring Break!! I think mine's the week before yours Jeff, College is amazing lol!!

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-28-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
oh believe me...I get my share of Spring Break while I am there...lol
Old    sdahockey21            01-28-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
A couple of us ride, a secret place that only a few people know about. Best Place I have EVER ridden. About an hour west of Panama City but WELL WORTH the drive. I drive an hour just to get to this spot and it is legendary.....
Old    sdahockey21            01-28-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
BTW Cory Pickos has a Waterski / Wakeboard school near there (same about 1hr east of Pan) too if you want to brush up on your skills
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
Lets see, if it is an hour west, that would but you just about into Destin, bet I know where it is....Havent been there, but have heard how good it is....
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
How is the Cory's can a beginner learn alot from them?
Old    sdahockey21            01-28-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey weskel you PMed me last year on where to ride, you need to come out and ride with us sometime. Remember when we were trying to get a bunch of people out to ride that day last August? That is the place. We ended up only getting 2 boats out there, but it was still a bunch of fun. I bet we will do it again in the spring, but with even MORE heads up... (like 3 weeks wasn't enough?!?) but anyways
Old    sdahockey21            01-28-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
You can learn a lot from Cory but it is pricey, and you ride behind a Prostar 197 so the wake is ok, but not huge. They are mainly focused on Ski, Trick, and Jump.

I bet you would learn more from coming out and riding with us. IMO you need to be at a certain level before Cory can really help you.
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
Thats right I remember, I bet we can hook up this summer if we plan it early enough..
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-28-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
what boat do you ride?
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
I just have a Chaparral I/O, I just learned to get up and do a little carving back and forth last year. I am still intimidated by my wake, so I don't need anything more...
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
Sam, if you're willing to take me to your secret spot, I'll spot you plenty gas/beer if we come out to PCB. I wanna wakeboard somewhere other than Texas, that's really what the trips about!! I'd love to get behind that X2 too!! I'm a MC guy, spend all my time away from school at a MC only dealership, and have a Maristar 225 myself!!

Always good to meet and greet with other MC'ers!! It's a cult!!
Old    sdahockey21            01-29-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
Ya me and the Saltwater guys on TMC were thinking about doing a trip there. Was it you that wanted to do a trip from like orlando to nerbraska or something??
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Yup that was me, I was goin to go see Skeeler up in Nebraska, but I think he'll be in Cancun so that was out! I decided I didn't wanna drive the whole time either lol, looking for something a little closer like PCB!
Old    sdahockey21            01-29-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Ya let me know that would be awesome! Then we could get all the guys with SS boats to come down over and up
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I'll holler as soon as I figure out plans for over the break!! Hope it works out!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
I rode with some guys in PC last year, GREAT group of guys and I got to do a bs 180 over a dead 8 ft. gator - ahhhh!

There is a lake about 20 minutes from PC they ride at and they had a red/white Nautique for what its worth.

If I remember correctly they all post a lot at wakeboarder.com but not so much here, but I can't remember their names.

Side note - Got your hotel lined up? We own a three bedroom condo we rent out in PC www.moonspinner.com (see the virtual tour thats our unit). Let me know if you are interested, and hopefully you find these guys for a pull.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-30-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
sam where can i ride east of pc im in atlanta but would love to come down where its warm. anybody want a pull lets put something together.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-30-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
MJMurphy, lemme talk to my crew, and I'll PM you about the condo!! If the price is right, it looks awesome!! I've got a few guys and girls on board now, I'm trying to get a couple more though!!
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-31-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
i was really debating the drive to OWC.

is it worth a 5 or 6 hour drive?
Old     (schrunk)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-01-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Yo im going to be in Panama City Beach from March 15th-20th. Anyone want to do some photos? Ill have all my equipment down there, its about all I can offer!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-01-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
We're in Winter Haven with a boat, but thats a solid 6 hour drive
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-01-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=14014353&stx=state+park&csz=Panama+City +FL&ed=s1R3g6160SzYdbCYOo90S7xqiRY4hdJgcv4867Z6PkT unPzxmzL9VbY20Jp5XwirqVy0W0mGvsjJ
had a campsite one year right on the bay, put the boat in for a week, not much boat traffic at all, always flat in the bay
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I am east of Panama City in Mexico Beach. There are a couple of lakes north of Panama City, Compass Lake, Crystal Lake, and Lucas Lake. But Samuel Adams has one the best places (if it is what I am thinking of) and we ride the same type of place. Any of you are welcome to ride with us, I have a 06 Supra 21V.