Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (forumriders)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
has anyone ever tried a tower extender off their boats, i was thinking of building one basically like a bare foot boom sticking straight up another 6-7 feet above the tower, what i want to know if it really will let me get bigger air and softer landings? or will the additional leverage on the boat from cutting out side to side kill my wake? i have a 19 foot moomba inboard boat with a tower and about 900lbs of ballast.

(Message edited by forumriders on June 14, 2007)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
There is a company that makes them. I don't have a link but I know they used a sail to keep the boat from tipping over when the rider would cut away from the boat.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
www.fatsac.com
look at the wakeboard side and towers and tower extension
Old     (forumriders)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Andy- thanks for the link, i actually have that same pro X series tower on my boat, and basically thats the extension i want. I just want to know if its worth the grand it cost to buy, i could build one for 200-300 and powder coat it too, and want to know if it would help boosting me any higher then normal
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
from the things i have been hearing (which is not much so far)...it is awesome and makes life way easier...
how do you like that tower? does it rattle or vibrate or shake or seem flimsy at all?

looks like the tensioners/cross bars might eliminate any play?

usually BI stuff is very nice...but the tower ships in parts so i was just wondering...

i have heard the extension is on backorder(don't know for sure) and at $999...we are trying to use our existing flyhigh and add a longer aluminum tube my friend ordered it already...but Lane Bowers mentions a photog who stood up on the top of the tower quite comfortable braced by the extension and wedged into it and got some cool photos from up high...

from my point of view when we went from the low pole to a 7 foot high pull it made things easier...so to now get the pull from 15 feet up will be that much easier again...i can't wait to try one i am dying to get slung by the superfly high pole
Old     (forumriders)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Andy- I love the tower, it doesent even rattle or sway when being towed on the freeway, and sturdy on chop- which i avoid as much as possible, you can twist the tensioners to tighten it up anytime and easy as heck too. plus it comes with nerf and velcro on the tower so you can sit up on it and stay there for riding shots. its comfortable for me and im 5'10 and 165.

I can't wait to fab a tower extension. anyone know where i can buy some tower clamps?