Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
im goin out tomorrow and im gunna start back up on praciticing my w2w 180's. ok im havin a little trouble though, like i can turn the board around but when i land i always slip out and let go. what should i do?!! if you cud leave sum tips that wud be awesome. thnks
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-09-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Keep your weight over your toes...Pick a spot on the shore and look there. Keep the rope at your waist. Good Luck
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
k sweet. thnks
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
What Paul said. And when I was learning them, I found it easier if you rotate a little more than you think you should, and when you land keep cutting outside the wake. Also, try making thim big and lofty as opposed to a real fast rotation.

hope this helps
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
dude you guys have helped alot. this is all new tips to me. thnks guys
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
I just got consistent on mine and the best thing for me is to float them and dont rush em because they dont take much spin obviously. To not slip out when you land, make sure your facing the shore like Paul said. I hold the rope with my left hand and keep cutting out toe side when I land. Good luck!
Old    malibu73            06-10-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
I'm sure your already out by now but, I tried heelside for a while and never could stick the landing. So i started on toeside. The landings feel a lot better. Just a thought if your having trouble with it still. I had the same problem with sliding out when landing. It seems like that is caused by stopping when you land. Like others have said, you have to keep on edge after you land. I just landed my first 180 a couple of days ago, but have started getting them more consistently now.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
One thing that really helped me (almost like magic!) on getting them consistent is to hold on with two hands almost all the way through it.. you can let go with your back hand when you land. and also the things others have said...
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Ya, look up at the shore. It makes it alot easier.

and dont throw it to early. pop..wait...spin....land...ride away...get in boat drink brew....yay!
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-10-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
haha you are on my lake
which part of the lake you on? i'm at exit 17 port royale
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-10-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
The reason why you slip out is, can be that you spin to early. If you start spinning, going up the wake, you will get a bad position, and most of the times land on your heels and slip out. Wait until you have popped of the wake (like you have to do, with most of the tricks). Then spin. You will notice, that the spin will be a lot easier to initiate.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
Think of it this way:
You can complete a 180 degree rotation by simply ollieing (spelling?) out in the flats. Therefore, when doing a wake jump, start rotating once you have reached the high point of your jump. It doesn't take much time to rotate that little bit.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-11-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Practice inside to outside one wake jumps. Start behind the boat between the wakes cut out to one side and ollie off the wake and turn the 180. It helped me land my HS-TS 180 The other thing if you are not comfortable riding switch then go out and ride switch for one complete pass and then try the 180's
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
yep yep. good points here. TS can be easier cause its a natural rotation. one wake them first. ride switch to feel the landing. wait on 'em w2w. float some pop, easy pull to the rear hip, ride away and sip a brew.

then start grabbin em