Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (dpellissier)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-27-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   
Does anyone live up there and know what the local buzz is? Moving up from Atlanta (where riding is becoming all but a summer past-time) and would like to get connected.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-27-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
the nearest lake to Louisville is taylorsville lake. The local shop there is called Kentucky Boatworks. There website is kyboatworks.com They are a mastercraft, ronix, hyperlite, liquid force, ten-80, fox, and other brands dealer. The owner is Greg Loeser. Call up there and talk to him. He can get you plugged in with the wake scene around the state. We have an INT league that goes on during the riding season (april-october is a reasonable riding season). Ky just had its first rail jam at the Louisville Boatshow (boatworks sponsored it). Jason Neagle has been making grass roots videos of all the local riders from around the state. He just recently became employed by boatworks, and i believe his contact info is located on the website. Hit him up and im sure he would be happy to send you his latest video with some of the riding across the state. Umm... that is all i can come up with off the top of my head.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-27-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Dan,
I think I hit you up on another thread a few months ago. I am a promo guy for KYS wake in Jeffersonville IN. It's Just across the river from downtown lville. I've got a new nautique 236 that we use at rough river every weekend and some nights on the river or at taylorsville. Send me a PM with your info and I can get u hooked up with some local nautique guys that ride pretty regular
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
Dan, Any idea where in louisville you are moving to? As cory said, Taylorsville lake is the closest to Louisville, but because of that it is almost un-ridable on the weekends. Rough River Lake is the Wakeboard Capitol of the area. A lot of riders boat there and everyone hangs out together back in an area called North Fork. INT league is growing very well in the state. If you need information, go to the website and get PD and Paula Greys contact information or do as cory said and contact Boatworks, as they sponsor the events. Mike Brown from Nicks Boatdock at Rough River also has 3 NWL events planned for the year in the area.

David..Every Weekend???? I only remember seeing you a few weekends last year.
Old     (dpellissier)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-28-2008, 5:27 AM Reply   
Thanks fellas, great info.
Old     (kyboatworks)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-28-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Dan,
Good luck on your move to Louisville! The fellas above have given you the low down on Louisville's wakeboard scene. KY has plenty of lakes so I'm sure you can find somewhere to ride that's to your liking. Rough River is the holy water in KY. When you get up this way, swing by and see us. You won't find any shortage of folks to hook up with and ride.
www.kyboatworks.com
www.x-wake.com
Dusty
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-28-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Mike,
We Were there quite a bit more last year than you think. A lot of those weekends you guys were traveling for int. I got the new job and was in training. I did miss most of july because I was based in JFK. This summer should be much better because of my new schedule and better seniority.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
David,
You may be right. We did do quite a bit of traveling with the tournament schedule. The summer flew by because of that. Cant wait for that first good day on the water this year!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-28-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
I second that man I can't wait to see everybody. Mike are you guys traveling for INT over Memorial day?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-29-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
Yes we are.. I'm not really thrilled about that, but what can you do. I think the wakeboard part of the comp is on sunday so we will probably just go to that and hang at Rough the rest of the weekend.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-29-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
I know supposedly the "top" riders from the L-ville area are to be at my local ice hill tomorrow "rallieying" into water. Since it's supposed to be 40 degrees, I don't know how fun that sounds. Some of this stuff is just getting silly.
Old     (kyswake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-29-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Dan,
Weclome to the louisville area man, My names andy im from KYS WAKE, we are in jeff, In its about 30 seconds from downtown louisville. We are the local nautiques dealer, we have a full proshop as well. I live right on the ohio river,SUPER FLAT ( during the week) our crew meets at Heathers on the river during the week about 3-4 times to ride from about 530 til dark. Your welcome to come out and ride anytime, just give me a call!

andy
KYSWAKE
812-282-7579
www.myspace.com/kyswake
Old     (kyint)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-01-2008, 5:05 AM Reply   
David, Andy are any of you guys rolling up to Cincinnati for our first event?
Old     (nclasen)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-01-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hey Dan,
So how are the lake conditions on Alatoona? You guys had a pretty rough end of season last year with the drought conditions and all. My wife and I usually make it down there several times a summer to visit family living in Flowery Branch, and also on Lake Oconee near Greensboro. The weather down there sure does allow for a longer riding season than we usually have up here.

Well by the looks of this thread it seems like all the big hitters up here are chiming in to land a shot at sharing their Kentucky/Indiana boating experience with you. The scene in and around Louisville has definitely grown in popularity over the last several years and when you make it out you'll be in the company of some progressive riders for certain. Like it has been said if you're looking for the competitive aspects of wakeboarding then the INT & NWL groups have contributed greatly to pulling riders together for some great events and you'll find representation from all the major inboard boat brands to keep it diverse. If you are looking for a show from the largest attendance of outlaw riders then you'll definitely want to make it up to Elizabethtown Kentucky in mid July for the Etown Throwdown.

If your relocation to the Louisville area is soon most all of us here would be grateful if you could bring a little of that warm south weather with you to get the riding season kicked off here!

-Nick
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-01-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
wow nick you made that post sound all professional and sincere...im impressed! Ive never heard that side of you! haha
Old     (dpellissier)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey Andy:
The guy that got me started riding down here used to live in the 'Ville and ever since I met him, he's been singing the praises of the river, he's a big fan of 12 mi island (I think that's it) up towards IN. Like I told Dave, I'll stop in after I get settled and meet you guys. Looking forward to getting back out there.

Nick:
Allatoona is (or was) my home lake down here. The guys I ride with have their X-2 in dry stack on the north side...and it's been sitting there since the weekend after July 4th last year. Things here have been pretty bad, but they're slowly getting better. I still don't think the lake will be up sustantially in the next few months, but we'll see.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-03-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
PD I am not sure if I will get up there for the Event or not. I will probably pull for you guys on the weekends that are closer to home but I will talk to Andy to see if we can get something up there.
Dave