Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
The dog has been out on the boat a lot recently so now the second she hears the lift going down she will sprint out to the pier. If I won't take her she plants herself on the pier and won't budge at all!

The other day I was getting ready for some people to come over so I took the cover off the boat but kept the lift up and everything. Somehow the dog still realized what was going on and came down on the pier. I kept trying to tell her I wasn't actually going on the boat yet, but she wouldn't move a muscle so I left her on the pier starring at me with the saddest doggy face possible! . I came down about 10 minutes later to check on her and didn't see her on the pier. All the sudden I look on the boat and I see her head popping up! She had climbed up on the boat and was curled up on the seat. Usually the boat has to be down for her to get on but she got on while it was all the way up!

JUst thought this was a funny little story and decided to share.

Here's a pic of her too....

Upload
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-12-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
They call them man's best friend for a reason. At least you always have your third!

On the other side of your story, my brothers lab HATES going on the boat, he shakes the whole time.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Cute doggie, love it. My lab loves the boat and is a great boat dog too.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
our lab loves it. everytime we stope to pick up a rider or drop someone in. he runs to the sun deck and tried to jump in. we have to grap him so he doesnt jump in. the only problem is its really hard to get him in. our swim deck sits about a foot off the water. we taught him where the latter is though. so when he wants in. he swims up to the latter and puts his paws on it and climbs up and puts his paws on the deck. then someone in the water picks up his ass end. it looks so funny while its being done
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
I am always scared ours will just jump in after us but so far she hasn't. She will though when we leave her, swim in the water and then roll in dirt and get as dirty as possible to get back at us though.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
One of my boxers is the same way. Once he sees coolers being loaded he will start scatching at the door to be let out. He'll haul to the dock and just sit/lay down. I literally have to drag him back up. I typically leave my cover off for 24 hours to let it dry/air out. I've foud my dog sleeping on my boat during the day before.

Upload
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-13-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Our Bulldog is the same way. If the boat is docked, she'll jump in and wait till someone goes out. When we return, she sometimes sits in the boat for another hour waiting to go back out.

Upload
Old    trevor_kershaw            07-13-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
that dog can jump?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
There is a trick to helping dogs get on a swim step or dock that is really easy. As the dog swims up, right when they put they're paws on the deck you push their head down and they climb right up themselves
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-13-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
your dogs dont scratch the seats ???
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-13-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
my dog loves my boat!! he kinda freaks out when I ride at first but hes a good first mate... so far i havent seen any wear on my seats from his toe nails, I worried at first but seems just fine...Upload
Upload
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
no damage to the seats
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-13-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Adam nice look'n pups ! I love Boxers, so darn comical; here's "Parks", of course, he loves the boat and water.
Upload
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
haha Nedge my white boxer is named Tani B. and my buddies boxer is Ollie......Adam do your boxers have wakeboard names?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    supraguy            07-13-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
We have a Boxer (River) and a Rottie(Buddy), we have tried the Rottie on the boat and he is a ZOO to say the least, barks at who ever we are pilling and won't sit down. He is a little on the high strung side. The boxer how ever is super chill but havn't taken him out because I don't want to make Buddy feel left out so them both stay at home. Would be cool to have River out he would make a great 3rd.. here they areUpload
Old    supraguy            07-13-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
opps forgot to say they where both pound rescue dogs boy did we score
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
We take out lab out all the time other than her wanting to swim all and hair all over the boat we haven't had any issues with the seats because of her.

People on the other that is a different story. I'm a proud owner of 2 cuts in my seats because people can't strap the boards down when they remove one.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-13-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
Nice pup Ryan, love those names ! Tanni B looks awesome ! is he a singer ?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-13-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
My girlfriends dalmation is that way. If the boat is in the water when she brings her over she runs down the dock and sits there, no matter if its raining or anything. We have to go get her most of the time. She loves it!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-13-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Both of our dogs looooove the water. One in particular loves to curl up in the space under the steering wheel. He's been covered before, and wasn't to kind to us for a while afterwards, haha.