Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    xrated            06-16-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
Would love to post some pics but I am computer challenged. Would someone please go through the process in stupid man's terms. I did a search but couldnt find what I was looking for.
Old    6more            06-17-2003, 5:40 AM Reply   
1. Find original box that camera was in.
2. Open box.
3. Take out small, but thick booklet. Usually white in color. Also distinguishable by the words INSTRUCTIONS on the front.
4. Open instruction booklet
5. Read instructions.

(Note sarcasm - and I don't mean to come off as a total jerk, but seriously, you have to read the f***ing manual).
Old    mikebailey            06-17-2003, 5:47 AM Reply   
hehe,

1. Find Original Box
2. Put camera back in it
3. Give it to your kids to use

sorry Rod, I could not resist either

(CounterFlame) Email me and I will run through it with you...

Mike
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       06-17-2003, 6:27 AM Reply   
Thats some funny stuff!

I'm willing to help. Rod, we need a little more
data. Are you using XP?
If you are then all you need to do is
plug the camera into the USB port and turn it
on.
If you are not using XP... you should be, its
the easiest operating system for beginners.
With very little experience you will be able
to do photos, music, movies without any additional
software.
There are some very experienced computer users
here so give us some more info if you still need
help.
Old    hockeyruss            06-17-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Rod, the easiest way is I will post pics and you can say they are of you! Actually it depends on what type of downloading system you use, just from the camera, some type of card reader, software etc. If mike is offline I would be glad to help.

pic
Old    xrated            06-17-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanx you smart asses. I have the camera mastered, have shot lots of photos, the DIRECTIONS were very clear on this. I even got them saved to my hard drive, my 14 year old helped with this, just cant figure out how to get them from hard drive to Wakeworld. Yes I'm using XP.
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Rod, post a message and then click on the "upload attachment" button. This will open up your hard drive so you can retrieve the pics you want to post. Just make sure the pics are under 100kb or the WW website will not accept them.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       06-17-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Ahh.... sorry man... your post was
easily misinterprated.

Resizing the image will prolly
be the toughest part.

If you have trouble email the photo
to someone that can resize it for you.
Me or anybody on this thread can most
likely resize it for you. : )
Old    hockeyruss            06-17-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
What kind of error messages are you getting?
Old    hockeyruss            06-18-2003, 4:43 AM Reply   
Sandy,
Then it is just like posting a response. You just need to attatch your picture to the post. After you type your message, click on "Upload Attachment" and browse for the picture (where ever you have it saved at). I use my zip drive and get there from "My Computer" then I choose the F: drive. If yours are on your hardrive, then it would probably be "My Computer" "C:" and then wherever you had the pics stored. Just make sure that the size of the pics is under the Wakeworld size requirements (usually if you resize them to 500x??? if you keep it proportional, you only have to rename one of the fields). After you pic your picture, just "Post Message" and it should be attached to your post.

p
Old    smitty98            06-18-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
WakeNup: Real or photoshopped?

If photoshopped, very well done.
Old    hockeyruss            06-18-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
No, It's real. If I shopped and chopped it I would have centered it a little more!
Old    hockeyruss            06-19-2003, 5:09 AM Reply   
Adam, How is this? I know it needs a little smoothing but I am at work and I have no access to the blend brush!
t

(Message edited by hockeyruss on June 19, 2003)
Old    hockeyruss            06-19-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
This is a little better.
So Rod, have you figured it out yet. Post some pics, bro!
t

(Message edited by hockeyruss on June 19, 2003)
Old    xrated            06-19-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, that all makes sense to me, pretty much what I was trying to do. However my photos seem to be larger than 300 mb. How do I resize? Is it an adjustment I should make on the camera in future?
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
I think you meant to say 300 kb. Cameras have adjustable resolution(or file size) rates. Pick the lowest available--you always want to use the lowest settings when posting or sending pictures. Hopefully yours has a file setting around 640 x 480--that will give you a pic with a file size of approx 130kb. The higher resolutions are for actual printing when fine detail is essential. After taking a picture in the lowest resolution(or file size) possible, check the size and if it's still 100kb or more, you will need to crop it. Your camera should have included a basic software program that will assist you. If not, Win XP has some already loaded that may or may not be compatible with your type of camera. Good luck.
Old    hockeyruss            06-19-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
First pull up the Picture in whatever software you are running, then go to IMAGE or ReSIZE you'll be posting in no time. It is so easy I will attach a pic of my photo editor.

f
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       06-19-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Here is the pic Rod wanted to post.
I did not have to resize it!

Rod try posting the pic yourself
too. These guys won't mind seeing
it twice.

Rod's mean Tige!
Old    xrated            06-21-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
Here we go last try, all waxed and ready for action.
22v