Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
How is everyone setting up their stereo so that the tower speakers have a seperate volume control vs the boat speakers? I want to be able to control both independent of each other. Any advise?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
PAC-LC1's, I am running three in my boat, 1 to conrtol the sub, 1 for the cabin speakers, and 1 for the tower speakers. http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Amplifier%20Level%20 Controllers
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
In the RCA output; make the front your tower and your back you boat speakers.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Patrick do you have your cabin speakers on a sperate amp or off the head unit?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
Jason, I have a 4-channel amp with 2 channels bridged running the sub and the other two channels split and running the 4 cabin speakers. Putting in the PAC-LC1's was the best thing I have ever done as far as my stereo is concerned! It allows everyone to adjust the music to their personal prefrences. I like lots of bass so I keep the sub turned up, my dad doesn't like it so when he drives he keeps the sub off. Some times we like to be able to talk in the boat while the rider listens to music. It just helps make the stereo much more enjoyable when you can turn on or off certain components.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
thanks patrick. does anyone know if I can keep my cabin speakers on my head unit, and then just set up an amp for my tower speakers with a sperate volume control or do I have to get another amp for my cabine speakers?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
The LC1 is for RCA's and IIRC the LC2 is for speaker wire. So you would hook the speaker wire into the LC2 and the tower speaker amp RCA's into the LC1...