Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
I used to ride the old trip went to the balance. Then free Motion made the balance mold. Want to try the 46 trip. Anybody have comments? I like a fastboard that has a good edge with POP.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-28-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Company comments: Original multi-fin board keeps on rocking! The newly updated design has taken the best of the original Trip and added modern day advancements, which make this rocket ship board a blast for anyone to ride! When the Trip was first introduced to the public at the ’97 X-Games, it changed the face of board design forever. Every board designed since then has grown from this simple foundation of multiple fins. This new Trip is a modernized version of the classic…built for speed and made for fun!
Variable Edge Rail - Rolled edge through midsection becoming sharper as it moves towards the tips --- forgiving, catch-free through middle, hard cutting and fast off the tail.
D-I-S-C hull through center - Double-Inside-Single-Concave…Softens landings and maintains board speed.
Modern Bat Tail - Fuller than the original for more lift off the tail of the board and tucked in tips for quick transitions.
Aggressive, continuous rocker - Smooth, fluid carves with a high arcing pop.
Low Volume Rails - Faster on edge, and deeper hold in turns.
Molded-in Warped Long Based Side Fins - Superior tracking hold with minimum drag and slider strong.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Thanks but I read company comments. all companies say there boards are goodand do what they say. My post says "anybodyride the ne trip?" I want an experienced riders opinion. Thanks anyway.

(Message edited by riverratboarder on July 28, 2008)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Girlfriend rides it but she isn't an 'experienced rider'. She jumps the wake and cuts back and forth. I got her the new Trip because she loved my old balsa Trip. She says they ride the same.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Thanks
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
If you mean the Trip from last year with the molded fins(I thought the might have updated it again?) a kid in my crew rides on and loves it. No center fin. Says it's fast & pops great. He is throwing an handful of inverts & spins. Refuses to change boards at this point............
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Thanks