Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-30-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
I have a couple of questions for any of you that might be a member of a private club. I'm currently a member of a semi-private club that does allow for a certain amount of public play. When I joined they gave me the whole dog and pony show about how members get priority to everything, but its become apparent that memberships are down and they're moving more towards public play at this particular facility. Lately I've become extemely frustrated with the way that they stack tee times and the level of play that I'm getting paired up with. I play by myself and at what most would consider "odd" times. I play during the week, before/after class and leave the weekends for everyone else to mess with.

Anyways, I'm very seriously considering joining the private club in my neighborhood. It is a single 18 hole course that is very nice. It allows 360 golf memberships for the course. I'm wondering if this is a lot, a little, or average for a single course. They tell me its pretty wide open most of the time, but they're obviously trying to sell me something. They're also telling me that during the times I'm most likely to play, that there is a good amount of players around the same level that I'd be pairing up with, but at the same time, they could just be telling me what I want to hear.

The monthly dues are very reasonable, and they're willing to waive 80% of the 4k initiation if I commit for at least a year, which I also don't have a problem with. There are no bar/restaurant minimums which is also nice. It is worth mentioning that this is a corporately owned club, not member owned. The cart storage and trail fees work out to 121 a month which is the only part that I seem to have a problem with. Obviously they're trying to sway members into using their carts for 15 a pop, but I play enough where it is smarter for me to use my own. I'm wondering if that is high/low and if there might be any wiggle room there. I mean, I've stored my boat for cheaper than that.

I'm a no job having student, so this is a pretty big financial investment strictly for recreation, hence all the questions. Thx