Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-07-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
I’m having a hard time coming up with gift ideas for my family – I’m hard to shop for. Here’s one that surfers might like:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203532779&adid=17662
Old    surfdad            12-07-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Ed that's not true...I sent you 4 metric tons of cardboard for your next project. :-) Merry Xmas.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-07-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Let's see... 4 metric tons that's 8820 pounds. At about 10 pounds per surf board, doubled to 20 pounds assuming 50% scrap, that's raw materials for 441 surfboards.

Assuming that I improve my technique the time per board could be reduced to maybe 40 hours, that's 17,640 hours for 441 boards. There are 52 weeks per year, take away two weeks for holidays and two more for vacation that's 48 working weeks or 1920 hours per year.

That will take over 9 years to complete all of the boards. Looks like the elves better get busy.

That’s assuming I build boards with the card board. Now assume I’m building a wakesurf boat or an Arc. I wonder what kind of surf wake an Arc makes, maybe I should drop an email off to Curtis? What were the dimensions for an Arc again I think the units were cubics… 40 cubics by 80 cubics… There’s a zoo near by and they are expanding that will save some time, two of each….put the hippos, rhinos, elephants, and other heavy animals on the port side, one of the lighter monkeys can drive….

(Message edited by Bigshow on December 07, 2006)
Old    surfdad            12-08-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Howling! :-) I think you need to work on that waste figure - way of out line. :-)