Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-27-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
That’s right Demo. We just got a Shread Stixx, Stixxtreme, an Inland Surfer Orange Phlegm and an Inland Surfer Blue Lake.

So you want to demo some of the best wakesurf boards in the business, then you need to come to the Scioto Wakefest, in Columbus Ohio, on August 5th and August 6th.

So if all those fancy, high tech west coast wakesurf boards are too much flash for you then You can ride my own custom design “Surf This" and "Skim That" boards. Yes that a painted 2X10 and a painted 2 foot by 4 foot sheet of plywood. You can try to ride this lumber at the Scioto Wakefest too

Look what the Wells Fargo man brought Jimmy!!
Upload
Man that's a lot of shipping peanuts
Upload
Front sides
Upload
Backsides
Upload

Mid West Surf Tech
Upload
Skate That: Pretty Close in size when compared to the Orange
Upload
Surf This: might be to narrow, and is very heavy
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-27-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
Ed, so you are offering a 2x10? :-) With or without fins? And the nose rocker is - what 0.0" or possibly flexible from -1.25" to + 1.25" ? Too funny. I still want to make a door! Piece together a solid door, 1/2 of a door knob assembly on the deck side and some type of fin for the tail. :-)

Glad all the boards made it.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-27-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
I still need to paint my art work on Surf This and Skim That. Then I need to add fins.

The Skim This is kind of bowed already, but the 2X10 is flat. I suppose we could put some rocker on the 2X10 for the beginner set like yourself, but the pros shouldn't have any trouble:-)

Missing a fin for the Orange though. I'm guessing it's buried in the peanuts, I'll look tomorrow, it's been a long day.

I think a hollow core door might work better but I'd think twice about the door knob. The 2X10 is really heavy.

The Shred Srtixx and Inland surfer boards are soooo light I'm amazed.
Old    surfdad            07-27-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
Jeff Page only shipped me 1 fin for the Orange so you're not missing anything. It uses standard wakeboard fins. If you need any let me know and I can scavange up two and ship them out ASAP.

I'm thinking that at speed and upon entry to a turn, you'll get some rocker +/- on the Surf This :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-28-2006, 4:59 AM Reply   
The Orange is a skim/skate type board, right? So maybe one fin is enough, assuming you want to pull a 360 and get the original fin back in the water? Does the board normally come with one fin?
Old    surfdad            07-28-2006, 5:44 AM Reply   
The board NORMALLY ships with two fins. The Orange's that Jeff P shipped me were the prototype boards that lead to his finalized product. I would put the Orange in the skim style category and can be ridden with 0, 1 or 2 fins.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-28-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Ed, smart move opening the packaging in the garage!

When I received the boards for the Moomba Jamboree, I opened the packaging in the living room. My dog discovered it was real fun to grab mouthfulls of peanuts and run thru the house spitting peanuts everywhere.

It's a Border Collie thing I guess.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
WHAT! You are seriously going to surf those pieces of wood? Is that even possible?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Sounds like a cool event. I would love to be able to demo those boards! Ohio is just a little too far to travel for me.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
I have no idea if it's possible. I do think the Skim That will have a better chance. Here's some new pictures with fresh new graphics:-)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Thats AWESOME. I wish I could try those.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
I'll make the same deal for you that your dad was making. Send $200, then go to the Home Depot and pay the additional $25 delivery fee and you can have a matching set:-)

James, I've seen some of your board art online, I think I have a long way to go before I catch up to what you've done.
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
if you send it down i can do board art