Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm going to Ocho Rios in June and wondered if anybody knew of places to ride there. We're staying at a resort that doesn't have a towboat but I've heard that some of them do. I sure would like to get a pull on that blue water while I'm there.
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-14-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
I see that you already made your reservations, but the place to stay in Jamiaca is Negril. Thats where the nice beaches are and all the happenings. You can make a day trip over there and they have wakeboarding there. I didn't personally go wakeboarding, but I saw others doing it. Can't remember the cost or what the boat was.
Old    du540            04-14-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Hey, my wife and I got married at Sandals in Ocho Rios. If you stay at one Sandals, you get to "play" at all of them. You have to take the shuttle to the one at Dunn's River. They had a Mastercraft ProStar when we were there. The thing is....they tow you in the ocean and, unless you can get the guy to get up early (yeah right) the water's gonna be choppy and not much fun. I took my board with me and took three runs in about an hour and had enough. I'd love to find a spot on the river to get in and ride but.....good luck.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-19-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
The all inclusive superclubs used to have wakeboarding. Hedonisum II or III in Negril is one of them. You may be able to pay $$ on the side to get a pull.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Oh man.. don't tell Antbug that!
I know what we're doing on our vacation..

REM - How was it getting married there?

(Message edited by lizzyb on April 19, 2006)
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-19-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
where are you staying vlxray? I was there a year ago today...
Old    du540            04-21-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
"REM - How was it getting married there? "

liz... It was very cool. We did it on the beach. Smooth as glass, no family no troubles. We can't wait to go back.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
I'm going to the Sandals in Negril in December and I looked into it.. it sounds beautiful.
(I like the idea of no family trouble!)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2006, 5:18 AM Reply   
Last time we went, there was a group of 5 guys and girls that were carrying their boards through customs. I asked one was that a wakeboard in his bag and in an very arrogent way he replied "no, I Kiteboard". While I was there I checked into the kiteboarding, and it sees that it is a great place to do it, I guess as long as you dont have to associate with the jacka$$ Mr. Kiteboarder I met.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-22-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Hey fifi trixabelle. I'm staying at the RIU resort in Ocho Rios. I've already checked with them and they don't have a boat.