Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
OK, I'm gonna be jumping into the world of SLRs with a Rebel 350xt!! ONE of my questions is about the LCD. I have grown very fond of the LCD on my Cannon S1 IS and i constantly tilt it up and down. It's my understanding that the rebels LCD is for playback only.(when i used it at best buy i thought it was broke!) Doesn't that suck or is it better to always use the viewfinder?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
I would guess if you're getting into the world of SLRs (which are more professional than point and shoots) .... it's better to use the viewfinder. I just bought the Rebel XT and you'll be surprised how easy it is to use. Great camera.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
Someone just invented and is marketing a gizmo that attaches to your viewfinder and has a mini adjustable LCD screen just for people who miss the LCD VF's from the point & shoot world. I have the opposite problem, I can't get myself to use the LCD on my Powershot S70 and the VF has no setting readouts which get's frustrating when I'm trying to shoot in a hurry. There are many reasons an optical VF is superior to an LCD on an SLR especially when you start shooting with telephotos.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Thanks, I saw that lcd screen that attaches to a viewfinder on dpreview. It looks pretty bulky. It was just a concern i had cause i'm always tilting the viewfinder up so i can shoot low. Looks like I'll just have to lay down and get dirty. :-)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
Get a Canon angle finder C - works perfect for low angles (or high angles). Is indispensible for Macro work too! Bad news is they're not cheap!

DPReview is where I saw that too!