Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    murrayair            06-03-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
I just got Premier but when I started playing around with it the video I imported was choppy. What can I upgrade on my computer to fix this? Someone recommended that I get a new graphics card(I currently have an old G-Force 3 mx, I think), will that help at all? Everything else on my computer is way above the minimum requirements of the program. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-05-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Make sure your scratch disk is de-fragged can help as well.
Old                06-06-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
im rocking 1 gig of ram, and i've noticed that computers that use less than that seem to have problems with premiere.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-07-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
What's the source of your video? .avi? .mpeg?

Do you see a red bar above the timeline? If so then you need to render the clip (hit the enter button)..

Post back with those answers and other similar info you might have..
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-07-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   

quote:

im rocking 1 gig of ram, and i've noticed that computers that use less than that seem to have problems with premiere.

i'm only rocking 512mb, and i've yet to have any problems. *knockin' on wood*
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2005, 12:46 AM Reply   
Word!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-08-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
I believe playback efficiency with modern NLE's is more dependant on system throughput and disk performance then memory. More memory will help somewhat with rendering speed/times but not to the extent with an NLE that it does with a program like Photoshop, which tries to load everything into RAM. Nowadays just about any modern system is plenty fast enough to handle DV, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like what Dave mentioned above.
Old    murrayair            06-08-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Kung Fu- I found the red bar and did what you said, and what do you know, it runs much more smoothly now. Thanks! There is also a yellow bar under the red one, I think. Oh and my source of video is .mpeg with my current camera (but I'm getting a new DV soon, so that may change).