Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-21-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
What is a reasonable price for a used Nikon D1H body in excellent shape?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-21-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
Here is a little more info: I have a friend who is a proffessional photographer and he is selling his D1H body, 3 batteries w/charger and a cuple of memory cards. The only reason he is selling is because he wants to upgrade to another camera. I havn't shot with this camera yet but I have seen some of his work and I'm pretty impressed with the camera. Does anybody have any idea what kind of an offer I should make? Should I look for a different camera?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-22-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
Check completed items on Ebay and see what they've been selling for and also the B&S forum on FredMiranda.com. AFAIC I wouldn't pay more then a grand for it as it's got a small sensor and is getting a bit dated. A used Canon 20D would be a better choice if it's going to cost you more then that. A pro can make any camera sing so unless you've got those kinds of skills don't expect that right off the bat. Plus you've got to buy lenses so unless you want to sell it all down the road you'll be stuck with Nikon and Nikon is currently about 2 years behind Canon on a feature basis.
Old     (mississippireb)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-24-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jae, all cameras have a life expectancy in terms of shutter cycles. Each cycle is a click of the shutter button, which opens and closes the shutter mechanism. I compare these cycles to miles on a car or hours on a boat, you are going to get less use out of a high milage car, and less out of a high cycle camera. Chancers are, if he's been using this camera on a day to day basis, it will be "high milage"

Best of luck in your purchasing decison, and oh, BTW, buy Canon

Daniel