Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-03-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Are people still going to San V? How long into the winter do people usually ride? This is our first season down here...just curious.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-03-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
i don't ride there because it's so crowded. we went there last winter a few times. gets pretty chilly. i remember on birthday(jan 28) it was raining, 60* w/ water temp around 56*. pretty chilly.
Old    stormrider            10-03-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
San V definitely has its challenges if you want to wakeboard. Great for the social side of wakeboarding but not if you want to a very high chance of getting in two 40 minute sessions on great water.

In the winter, lake is only open on Thurs and Friday and the sun sets pretty early.

There are great riding opportunities everyday in San Diego-- throughout the year where you are almost always guaranteed long straight lines on glassy water but San Diego Bay is connected to the ocean so your boat AND trailer had better be set-up for salt. Can't beat the price either since you can launch out of Glorietta for free.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-03-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Steve,

I take it by the social side you mean the party we had rocking at the dock yesterday!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-03-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
San v will be open for weekend water contact till the last weekend in oct. or the 1st weekend in Nov. cant quite remember which. Anyways. There is also lake Elsinore all winter long also, as long as you dont mind the water being a little green.
Melissad---buy a dry suit and you can ride all winter long in the SD area..Good luck.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-03-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Yes I am already looking for one.

We were thinking of trying to modify our work schedule to go out Fridays once the winter schedule comes into effect, do a lot of people still go and would it still be necessary to get there at 6am to get good riding in?

Thanks for the responses so far!
-Melissa
Old    trickskisrock            10-03-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
As long as you can deal with a little cold water, San V is awesome in the winter. All the fair water riders pack their boats up for the winter. We've had many Friday afternoons out there by ourselves. In my opinion, its the only time of year worth going to San V. The summer crowds just aren't worth fighting.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-03-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
^^i agree w/ aj.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-03-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Melissa -- Like AJ and freebooze stated, fridays are great, thursdays too.
Unfortunatly my schedule keeps me to sunday and mondays, so in the winter we ride at Elsi.
If you want you can come ride with us on a sunday or monday this winter.
Lots of room on our boat usually in the winter.
Hit me up with a email or PM if interested ever.
Later......
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 11:18 PM Reply   
I really don't want the summer hours to change yet. My schedule changed this weekend, so now I can get out on weekends with all you "cool" people. At least I will have one good month of weekends anyway.

I am also looking forward to the winter days. It seems to me that most the wallies and tubers don't like the weekdays, or the colder water. Cool by me. I am getting my drysuit soon, and am looking forward to being one of the only few boats on the lake.

Steven C - Good to see you again. Congrats on the new neck! Take care. Don't be a stranger.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
No tubers? That would be awesome, sometimes I wish they just had their own section of the lake to completely screw up the water. I hate it when they drive in front of me zig-zagging around!!

The lake has been so much better these past couple of weeks...too bad my husband is in China for the next 2 weekends, I'll be down to just 2 weekends in October!!

Thanks for all the advice and thanks Kevin for the invite, I emailed you...

Hope to see some of you out at San V the last 2 weekends before the schedule shifts.

-Melissa

P.S. This is stupid, but that damn launch ramp is kinda tricky now that they closed the big one! But I guess I have to get used to it...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-04-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
San V has begun to calm down a little, but it's still pretty choppy in the open water. A couple more weeks, and we'll be set.

I'm really looking forward to riding this winter, with (insert name here)... That is until I have to leave in January ... Damn-it!

-Blake
Old    jesiday            10-04-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Melissa,

Guess what, I can ride again. Nothing more than carving right now, though.

How long is your husband in China? Tim goes out on the 17th of October, so I'll be looking for a few people to ride with/ride with me. We should definitely hook up.

This will be my first winter at San V, so it ought to be exciting. I'm with you on the launch ramp. I HATE the little one!!!

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Jesi,

Congrats on riding again, that is so awesome!!!

Jeff gets back Oct. 14th (friday) so I'm going to try to convince him to go out maybe on Sunday, we should try to meet that weekend...Jeff will be sooo jet-lagged, it will be fun to watch him try to ride :-)

Seriously, that small guy...I get so stressed out driving the truck and trailer down that thing, especially when people are right on the line!!!

If you can't find people to go out with (haha I'm sure you can though) you're more than welcome to come with us...as long as you can handle being around my 3 yr old (last saturday all she wanted to listen to was her little kiddie music...I'm sure you would LOVE that, hahaha)

-Melissa

Old    jesiday            10-04-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
I don't know if Tim will be able to get Sunday all off. We may have to go up from like 12 to close or somewhere in there. Sunday's have been our good days so far.

If I can't hog the whole ramp, I'll usually con someone else (Blake ;) ) into backing the trailer down for me; I'm a HUGE chicken!

If you ever want a pull, or to just come hang out, you are also MORE than welcome on our boat. Kids are totally welcome!

When Tim gets off today, I'll ask him about the 15th.

-jesi
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-04-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
jesi, helloooooooooooooooo??? pull?
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Jesi,

Sounds great, I'll ask Jeff about the 15th as well (he might be up for the 15th or 16th), we usually just try to go as much as possible. We were definitely bummed when we heard about the "party" on Sunday, we would have tried to go out rather than on Saturday. Oh well, next time maybe.

Thanks for the invite...it would be SO nice to just hang out and ride instead of having to pull Jeff all the time :-)

-Melissa
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-04-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Jesi, I'm always up for helping you, and everyone else out... I just like to give you more crap about it .

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Blake---hope your up for hitting elsi on the mondays come next month!!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-04-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
**ahem**

**Cough**lookoverhere**Cough**

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
Man. That weekend is out for me. Goin' to L.A. (only for the $$$). Who is going this weekend? The Luau is only one day. Gotta get wet at least one of the others.

Melissa,

Gotta get out with our crew. Really fun crowd Between all our boats, there is always room.

Joe,

Come on down sometime. I will let you ride my Marius j/k Love it, BTW!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
O wait.. I meant Steve!!!. wait I mean Geoff.. Aw hell...You all know who you are!!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-04-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
Sweet! Kev, you rock man. I still owe you from last time, so that's a great excuse for me to come out on your beautiful boat again. Right now I have class at 1:00 on mondays, so my mornings are kinda free. Lemme know, thanks S.P.

-Steve

PS Did Geoff ever give you your "presents"?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-04-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
buzz, thanks man! and glad to hear you're diggin' the marius! i'll have the zeus soon, as well as the new suede handle. you'll have to try 'em when i get 'em. and please, no comment about my small bindings!

what's your schedule like these days?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
As soon as we get the boat out of sv we will be hitting elsi again. hopefully by next monday!!
Melissad---sorry for the thread hijack
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Buzz,

Thanks for the invite :-), definitely want to get out with you guys! Hopefully soon but this weekend is kinda out for me since I'm home alone with my 3 yr old.

-Melissa
Old    jesiday            10-04-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Steve, you are soooo subtle. Oh, and Kevin if you ever need some added drunken entertainment, look me up. I'm not going to have anything to do from October 17- Nov 11th. I need to get some kind of riding in (hint, hint). Oh, and tell Lisa I say 'Hello'!

Blake,
I just hope it's one of those 'We only give you S*** because we love you' deals. If not, don't tell me, and I'll just pretend it is ! I do always appreciate your help, though.

Joe,
As soon as I'm off boat towing restriction (due to injury) I'll be taking the boat out again. Don't worry, I'll let you know. You have to bring Frankie more often, though!

Melissa,
Hopefully, this thread hikacking has given you some insight to our crew. They really are great!!!

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yeah everyone seems like a ton of fun and great entertainment :-)

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-04-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Melissa, are you suggesting that we are all over-weight?

-Blake
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-04-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
jesi, thanks! frankie's been really busy w/ med school applications. hopefully, she'll be done w/ that soon and she'll be able to join us!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Yes Blake that was exactly what I was implying :-) You got me.

(Message edited by melissad on October 04, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Hey, Jesi got her voice back!} Great j/k Personally, I think it sounds sexy! But then, I think just about everything is

Joe,

Fri-Sun off, for the most part.

Blake,

You're not overweight, just full of ...ah, nevermind.

Steve,

Saw your earlier post, Did not mean to leave you out Bro. You know you are always welcome on the Bu. You just work too much!

Kevin,

Where you been? I know - workin'
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Buzz.. we would have been there sunday, but we decided to spend the day driving to Julian and enjoy some WARM APPLE PIE!!...
Ha Ha.. Dam I crack myself up...
Anyways, Looks like this sunday we will be going to the wild animal park insted of boarding too. I dont think the boat will be out of svc yet anyways..
Jessi... was that really you I was talking to on sunday night?..LOL.. what a sexy voice??!! Ha ha J/K!!!
See you all soon..
melissa.. I will check my email when I get home..
Old    jesiday            10-04-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
Yes Kevin, that was me. Thanks for your vote of confidence. Hopefully, my voice will be completely back by Friday!!! As Tyler put it, I really need my 'only defense' in great condition!
You guys are coming out on Saturday, right?

Buzz, you are such a sweetheart, even when you are being a smarta**!

-jesi
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
O yea.. we will be at the lagoon and then tylers afterwards for sure..
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Julian and now The Wild Animal Park? WTF???? That's cool and all I guess. I hear the monorail throws a mean wake.....Seriously thou, looking forward to hanging with you guys on Saturday and if you change your mind and want to ride Sunday, let me know and I'll work on the "wild life".

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2005, 5:02 AM Reply   
I was sitting here at work all night thinking... (I do that sometimes when I am really, really bored!!)

Kinda starting to get bummed about the weekend season ending in a few weeks at San V. The weekend of the 29th/30th should be the last weekend until next may Great timing, as I just had shift change and now have weekends off!

Anyway, here is what I was thinking...

How about on Saturday, the 29th, we hit the lake all day, grab the course, etc. Afterwards, we all drive the 2 miles to my house, and have a BBQ. We could even go as far as making the day at the lake, and the BBQ a costume thing, since it is close to Halloween (don't have to either, just an idea. Man! I'm never going to get to wear my new Speedo ). Plenty of room in my yard for most of the boats, and room on the street too.

Just sounds like a great way to send off the summer season. I know that for some of us, weekends are about the only time we can make it to the lake. Some will now have to maybe hit Elsinore on weekends, but either way we will probably not all get to see each other as often.

I may put this in a post of it's own, but just wanted to get it out so we can get planning, instead of making it a last minute thing.

I picked Saturday, the 29th, since it is the last weekend, and I have to work Sunday eve, so I can't leave all you crazies at my pad alone!!

Let me know what you think.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Buzz,

I know we haven't met, but that sounds like an awesome time!!!

-Melissa
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-05-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
Buzz,

You know I'm in especially if Melissa is going to be there! Hahaha, just kidding.

Sounds like a great idea... Let me know when it's set in stone... Which shouldn't be too hard, cause you know I'll be on your boat that day .

-Blake
Old    jesiday            10-05-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
Buzz,
I don't know if I can make it...(extreme sarcasm) If you want to wear your speedo, I'm sure no one will object. Especially, since you are putting up with/joining us drunks! Since Tim won't be able to come, can I bum a pull/wakesurf run from you. I'll bring the drinks!!!

Melissa, you should definitely look at coming out that day. There wouldn't be a better time to meet the crew!
Long day on the water + alcohol + BBQ = perfection

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
I'll definitely plan on it, I'll drag Jeff out there :-) j/k I'm sure he'll want to go too. Hopefully I won't be on travel for work!!!

P.S. I didn't want to just invite myself since I haven't met all of you yet :-)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-05-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Jesi,

Aren't you forgetting something... I mean someone... I know I fit into that equation somewhere! What equals perfection without Blake?

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Melissa,

Hope you get to ride with us before the end of the month. Feel free to invite yourself, although we have already invited you! You going to the Luau this Saturday? You should. It is going to be a blast! Looking forward to meeting you guys. Probably will be at San V This Fri and Sun. Lemme know if you can make it.

Jesi,

Hahaha! I think you know me good enoughh to know I would NEVER wear a speedo. Not in this lifetime anyway. I like all you too much to cause that kind of pain to you! There is not enough alcohol in the whole county to get me to put one on. I was going to send you the pic of it, but after looking at it again, it would probably scare you).

Blake,

As far as I know, let's set the date. I am trying to do something with some advanced notice, instead of last minute. As far as I am concerned, it's a go!
Old    stormrider            10-05-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Tyler:

Sunday at the lake, hanging out with you all at the course was nice and relaxing. San V is such a unique place that it's fun just to be there even if the riding opportunities are a bit more limited than other places. Felt a bit of a chill in the breeze, though. Winter is just around the corner.

(Message edited by stormrider on October 05, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
Steve,

Good to see you the other day. Don't mention winter!! I am having a hard time accepting the season is coming to an end. I know it won't stop most of us. I plan on riding all season, and will probably order a dry suit in the next couple weeks. Just really gonna miss jumping in the 80 degree water!! The other day it was down to 75, and I was bummin! Still fighting it I guess. It really has been one of the best freekin' summers I have ever had. Hooking up with all the WW crew has been awesome!! You guys, and my crew are the best!! Ah hell, now I'm getting a tear in my eye. Gotta go!!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Buzz,

Sorry have to skip this Saturday (other family obligations )

Trying to be out there next weekend though :-)

-Melissa
Old    jesiday            10-05-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
Blake,
You are soo right! How could I forget the main ingredient?! I can't imagine a party without you!

My apologies.

-jesi
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-05-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
No problem, everyone makes mistakes... Well, not EVERYONE .

-Blake
Old    jesiday            10-05-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Whoa, buddy! Your ego is giving ME a headache.

Keep that stuff in your own bubble, will ya?!
(just joking, don't get mad and break something)

-jesi
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-06-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
Buzz. may you should do something the last weekend of san v's summer sched. that sat you mentioned is halloween weekend and that sat night I cant speak for all but I know a few of us were planning on going to party in downtown for the halloween. Just a thought..I think the weekend of nov.5 is the last summer weekend..
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Well, I just talked to the hubby and we're on for the 29th...even if there isn't a BBQ or anything, we'll at least be out there riding :-)
Old    obsurfer            10-06-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Buzz if you buy a dry suit I promise I won't take it home with me!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-06-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
Kevin,

You are killin' me. I had to really jump through hoops to get that day off (really pissin the boss off, but I told him "but it's wakeboarding"!). He does not understand I have a disease! I will be at the lake tomorrow and check dates, but I am still game for the 29th. Let's all talk Saturday at the lagon and see what's up.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-06-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
OB Steve,

Yea, right. You still have not returned the thong you borrowed!!

BTW - wne are you going to San V again? Lemme know.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Buzz, in case I don't see you Saturday, we're still good for the 29th...

BTW, found this just now about the winter schedule "San Vicente switches to its winter schedule on November 3, 2005, when weekends go to fishing only." So it looks like the 29th is our last chance...too bad, I could have had a birthday BBQ the next weekend
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-06-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
Melissa,

Yea, I thought I read something about the 3rd, so I guess it has to be the 29th, which is fine with me. Looking forward to it!

Birthday BBQ huh! I am sure you will still find a way to celebrate. Just probably won't be on the water. Happy early birthday!!!!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Buzz! :-)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-07-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
Poop... bbq or downtown.. bbq or downtown...????
dam.. decisions .. decisions...
what is a boy to do!!???
Old    jesiday            10-07-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Kevin,
Here's what to do:
BBQ.
What more could you ask for than a day on the water followed by some good food, cheap drinks, and a crowd of your friends?
My vote is that you ditch downtown and come to the BBQ!!!!!!
-jesi
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-07-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
But think of this Jessi...you might miss me dressed up as a cheerleader with skirt and all or maybe even a little rice pattie field asian guy with straw hat and all, plus not to mention all the half naked woman that dress up as ho's for halloween..hmmmmmmmm... tough one to decide on...
Though hanging will all the crew is allways hard to pass up!!!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
And Kevin, you really are missing the chance to meet me and my family! haha j/k, man I was starting to sound like Blake for a second there...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-07-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
Kevin,
At 1st, I thought you were being selfish, then I read those few important words, which I'll quote... "not to mention all the half naked woman that dress up as ho's for halloween..hmmmmmmmm..." Now, I'm wondering if we should dress up as cheerleaders from the same team?

Melissa,
You took the words right out of my mouth !

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-07-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Blake...... that would f...ing hilarious...
melissa... your right , you are starting to sound like Blake... LOL..J/K.. or maybe not...lol

Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
I was just kidding :-) Besides, if I was a guy, I'd probably want to see "all the half naked women that dress up as ho's for halloween" too.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-07-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Lol.. I know you were.. I was just messing wit ya.
Old    jesiday            10-07-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Blake,
I would give you anything you want in the WHOLE WORLD if you dress up like a cheerleader! Oh, the only stipulation would be that I would have to get a picture!!!

Melissa,
Once you actually meet Blake, I'm not so sure you'll want to compare yourself to him...LOL

j/k Blake

Kevin,
If Blake dresses up like a cheerleader, you be making a mistake not to show up in the same uniform!

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
Haha probably not Jesi, and for sure I would never moon someone while driving

Will you be there tomorrow by 11 or so?
Old    jesiday            10-07-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Oh, yeah...I almost forgot.
I just got off the phone with someone who is going to board our dogs for the day, thank goodness. We are dropping them off at like 0930, so we should get to Carlsbad around 1015-1030(ish). I'm debating on my plan of action for tomorrow at the lagoon, but I will definitely be there.

Oh, and if you hang out with us long enough, you may find yourself mooning someone while driving...;)

See you tomorrow!!!

-jesi
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
Cool, I'll try to get ashley up and going to be there around that time.

See you then!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-07-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
Hey! I'll dress as a Ho! I'm a pimp. Same thing, right?? Like that would be a stretch for me anyway. Well, for Blake I would do it, no one else!! j/k

Kevin, you wear you cheerleader outfit, and I guarantee a party!! And we will make you the pinata! Wear anything you want. I'm picking up a "special" outfit!! I'm thinking maybe everyone show up as the opposite sex. Might be a bit confusing for some of my crew, if you know what I mean. BTW - Blake - you are a dude, so show up as a chick! Yea, that would be good!! j/k Let's all just have a good time!! Hey, remember the "toga" parties. This could get interesting. OK, I'm delerious with the hours I am working. At least that is what I am using for an excuse anyway!

Melissa,

Don't be afraid. We are a lot of talk, and no action! We really are a pretty safe crowd (is she gonna fall for this?). Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-10-2005, 11:29 PM Reply   
Hey! Anybody going out this weekend at San V?

Sorry I missed most of you guys last weekend...left to get $$$ for the bindings and by the time I got back everyone was on the boat!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Melissa,

Sorry I missed you the other day. I was planning on getting there earlier, but it ended up being later. I got there right after you left. It took a while to get the event going, but it ended up with a pretty good turnout, and a ton of great food.

I hope to get out this weekend. Probably gonna be Sat AM, and into the afternoon. I will know more later in the week, but Sat or Sun for sure. Hope to see you there. Call or PM me. I lost your number.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Melissa,

Sorry I missed you the other day. I was planning on getting there earlier, but it ended up being later. I got there right after you left. It took a while to get the event going, but it ended up with a pretty good turnout, and a ton of great food.

I hope to get out this weekend. Probably gonna be Sat AM, and into the afternoon. I will know more later in the week, but Sat or Sun for sure. Hope to see you there. Call or PM me. I lost your number.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
Oops! Sorry for the echo!
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
Hey Buzz,

We're going to try to go out sometime this weekend but we'll have to see if Jeff's too jetlagged to ride...plus some other family stuff is going on. If we head up there, we'll definitely let you know.
Old    obsurfer            10-11-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
I have Thursday off and thinking of sunday morning. Guess I'll miss you again Buzz. Sure has been kinda flat at the beach.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
Steve,

If I make it Sunday, I will let you know. Have to work all night Sat, so not sure yet.
Old    obsurfer            10-12-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
Cool I work at two on Sunday. I really hate for you to make a trip to the dock. But knowing you,you will have someone to pick up.
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Buzz,

It's not looking good for Saturday, I think Jeff will be too tired to try to get the boat out there, plus my sister is taking pre-SATs and she's our designated third :-) We'll probably have to wait until Sunday, unless we can catch a ride with someone else.

You go out on Fridays though right? If you don't mind another M on your boat, my husband is dying to get out there on Fridays (not this Friday though since he gets in from China around 1pm). Do you have room???

(Message edited by melissad on October 13, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-13-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
Melissa,

No problem. Pretty soon Fridays are going to be about it for me, unless we venture to another lake. Anytime though. Lemme know.