Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
hey guys just thought i would share this with you.

wakesurf mag recently took one of our Chopper boats out for a test. I carry Chopper boats for my enrty level line, and this is great boat for
the price!

http://www.wakesurfmag.com/chopper.html
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
The wakesurfing in that video was amazing!
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-18-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Please tell me that "wakesurfing magazine" is a joke...nice wakesurf-specific L sack, though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Wakesurfing is on the move and coming up.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
One of my dealers said that he has been selling a lot of wakesurf boards and it almost rivals his wakeboard sales. That Chopper made a nice wave.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-18-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I know lots of people that buy tubes too, but don't think there's a Tubing Mag. Wakesurfing seems to me to be tubing for adults....I do believe the popularity is growing as tons of people around here are into it, just not the type of people I would expect to buy a mag.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-18-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
The wake is good, as long as you have one guy hanging off the tower, and two guys on the swimpad, one of them hanging onto a rope over the step. Maybe that's cool on a private lake, but everywhere else, that won't fly.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
BCH, dude have you surfed? Equating it to tubing is ridiculous! I love wakeboarding as much as the next guy but getting in a couple nice set's behind the boat surfing when the water is schitt is pretty damn fun too. I don't know if you saw the guys ripping in the video but that's pretty fricken far from tubing. By the way thanks for ripping down my new idea for "Tubing Illustrated"
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Wow that would never happen in my boat!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-18-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
Kevin,

What would never happen in your boat? The guys with their shoes still on?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
Well there is that! however I agree with frshtracks Hanging off the tower over the side of the boat is the most dangerous thing I see. Nor would I allow people to site on the back of the boat while under way
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-18-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
nice!!!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-19-2008, 5:37 AM Reply   
It must be a surfing thing. As for hanging off the tower, not a problem with a sailing harness. Surfers do it all the time, not saying its perfectly safe, but with a harness, you aren't going anywhere. I've never heard of someone getting injured either, harness or not (not saying it can't happen). The sundeck is not a problem IMO.

Hey Dj Jamesz, that's some sick riding in the vid!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Remember guy's your only going about 9.5-12.5 miles per hour. While I agree it's not as safe as being in the boat your less likely to get hurt than ripping across a wake at 30mph then jumping 6' in the air.

NO SHOES IN THE BOAT!!!
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-19-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hate N Pain, yes, I've surfed my fair share, and, once over the novelty of being behind the boat with no handle, quickly got over it. Just not a fan of the everyone on one side of the boat, noxious fumes, short handle, etc..not very relaxing without even mentioning the rollers usually sent every which way on the lake. I agree it is fun to do when choppy and that guy doing aerials on the vid makes it look fun, but overall I am just not a fan and cannot imagine there being much of an audience for a mag. That being said, almost everyone I meet that knows I have a boat says something like "let's go wakesurfing sometime" so you're right on it being popular with the beer/boating crowd.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-19-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
The obvious safety factor aside, I was pointing out that where I boat, the cops would have you pulled over in a heart beat for that. Hell, they'll nail you for just sitting on the transom going over 5 mph. If your boat is that good, let's see the wake, or wave without the illegal maneuvers.